UB – the state university of NY ?? | Syracusefan.com

UB – the state university of NY ??

Don't like the way that looks at all. Having an outline of the state would look better.

About 15 years too late, they're already left in the new subdivision of college football.

This might have had some promise in the mid to late 80's maybe even early 90's but 2013 no way. A big waste of time and money.

They should have just gone with this. Instant recogniton

anchor.jpg

Whatever name recognition they have built up will be ruined with those jerseys. Beside, everyone knows that Plattsburgh is New York's team!

About 15 years too late, they're already left in the new subdivision of college football.
More like at least 60 years too late. Had SUNY decided to have one school as it's hub in the '50's they would have had a chance to establish tradition.

UB averaged 13,242 (6th worst) at their home games last year so not a lot of people will see their jersey. The ones that do show up may leave after deciding that they are at the wrong game based on the "New York" jersey.

Looking at those jerseys, I just find it amazing that they have apparently joined the Arena League.

More like at least 60 years too late. Had SUNY decided to have one school as it's hub in the '50's they would have had a chance to establish tradition.

What are you talking about ? There is a tremendous tradition of apathy towards UB by both the students and residents of WNY. In fact, I would dare say that no other D1 school with the possible exception of Butgers has this tradition of total abject apathy. There is a reason that UB is known as UWho ?

Uggh - taxpayers money footing the bill too because NY is so flush with cash. Cut aid to education, mental health facilities, etc and start upgrading SUNY football. Bet Albany, Binghamton, Stoney Brook will want in too if they haven't already promised them $ - they couldn't be happy hearing Buffalo is the new flagship. Warped practical and financial state priorities.

Uggh - taxpayers money footing the bill too because NY is so flush with cash. Cut aid to education, mental health facilities, etc and start upgrading SUNY football. Bet Albany, Binghamton, Stoney Brook will want in too if they haven't already promised them $ - they couldn't be happy hearing Buffalo is the new flagship. Warped practical and financial state priorities.
This is why it is hard to sell SUNY Buffalo. In many states, the flagship state universities are beloved and have a long history of being so. In NY, we think of SUNY Buffalo as "the state" i.e. taxes

The reality is all anyone will see when they look at that jersey is MAC.

Jerseys suck but I must say I wouldn't mind doing a 2 for 1 scheduling agreement with them again though

You could also just replce the NEW YORK with UCONN and it would be perfect. Same colors, MAC etc...

UB has one of the best backs in the nation this year in Brandon Oliver.

Just saying.

Ask Georgia.

UB has one of the best backs in the nation this year in Brandon Oliver.

Just saying.

Ask Georgia.

I'd rather ask Kent State or Bowling Green where he went for 77 and 20 yards respectively. Opening on the road at Ohio State and Baylor should be fun.

I'd rather ask Kent State or Bowling Green where he went for 77 and 20 yards respectively. Opening on the road at Ohio State and Baylor should be fun.
He was forced into playing while injured. I'd know, I had class with him.

Edit: Also had over 800 yards rushing averaging over 5 a carry in 7 games played, the last 3 of which he played he was suffering from what should have been a season ending injury.