UCLA QB Josh Rosen: Football, school 'don't go together' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UCLA QB Josh Rosen: Football, school 'don't go together'

Just a reminder that millions of people work as hard or harder than student athletes, never have the shot at the potential income of a professional athlete, pay for their own education, etc. Every kid that serves this country does so 24/7/365, works many hours, often 60-100/week, trains hard, etc. and for very low pay. Many people work their way through school to keep debt low when they graduate, are they less of a hard worker or dedicated because they are not a D1 athlete?

I fully respect the true college athletes who work hard in school and on the field/court/track/etc. I now schools make money off the major sports. I also know that only a few schools' Athletic Departments run in the black. These same AD's pay for the facilities, scholarships and infrastructures to maintain the sports programs that hundreds of others benefit from. It is immaterial whether it is tough, it is what the athletes agreed to before accepting the scholarship.