UConn - ACC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn - ACC?

But why do we want Rutgers or Uconn in the ACC when we are always fighting for the same players?Let them rot in the big east.Recruits will be ours.

There isn't going to be a Big East. UConn and Rutgers will find good homes, in good conferences, where they both will recruit well. We can't run from Rutgers and UConn. It is what is is.

ACC might be better off.But Syracuse wouldn't.We would still have to fight with them for recruits.Why not let them go to conf USA?

Not running. But why take them if there is no need to?

Rutgers and UConn aren't going away. They're not going to become MAC-type schools. Everyone needs to understand this. I think Syracuse and the ACC would benefit from having one or the other in the ACC, simply because it shores up the NY market. If the Big 10 takes either Rutgers or UConn, Syracuse and the ACC become meaingless in the NY market. My local cable outlet in Connecticut already offers the Big 10 network (the ACC network is not available here), and the closest Big 10 school to me is Penn State.

The biggest problem is even if it is about football Rutgers is so bad at basketball the ACC which is trying to get back to where they were should not take them. The last time they were in the ncaa tournament was 1991, even South Florida was in the tournament in 1992. Rutgers football and basketball are a never was and i don't want them in the ACC bringing down both football and especially basketball.

No way Syracuse EVER EVER becomes MEANINGLESS in the NY market.Thats crazy talk.So is you live in CONN and u don't get the ACC network.Is this in your best interest.Cause i just don't see the need to bring along the 2 schools we recruit AGAINST the most.

ACC might be better off.But Syracuse wouldn't.We would still have to fight with them for recruits.Why not let them go to conf USA?

We are better than both programs, so who cares if they are in the ACC? Kids don't want to play for mediocre FB schools, who play no one OOC. If we cannot out recruit UConn and RU the problem is SU, not them.

not so sure the little bit of the nyc market rutgirls offers offsets the disgusting hoops and semi horrid football-

uconn at least has national hoops exposure-

i also think most of the brains that decide who is tv worthy understand rutgirls has zero national following-

why water down a league with this type of program? and give them good money for bad programs?

i honestly dont see what rutgirls offers-the fickle nyc market is all about who is hot that day

Well, i can think of 10 yrs of bad recruiting.Uconn and Rutgers came up and we went down.

Rutgers and UConn aren't going away. They're not going to become MAC-type schools. Everyone needs to understand this. I think Syracuse and the ACC would benefit from having one or the other in the ACC, simply because it shores up the NY market. If the Big 10 takes either Rutgers or UConn, Syracuse and the ACC become meaingless in the NY market. My local cable outlet in Connecticut already offers the Big 10 network (the ACC network is not available here), and the closest Big 10 school to me is Penn State.

The B1G would NEVER take UConn. They would only take RU if ND says yes.

Well, i can think of 10 yrs of bad recruiting.Uconn and Rutgers came up and we went down.

Nope. Neither came up. We just went down. RU and UConn FB both suck. Their talent level is 6-6 at best with a very very weak schedule. In the harder ACC both schools will have issues making Bowls. SU has already passed both and will only get better. Being worried about those two is silly. They are not a threat. Honestly ND would be a greater threat if they were in the ACC.

Besides Shady is a used car salesman. He will tell kids RU has an easier road to the BCS and NCG by being in the BE.

Thing is. The recruits we are going after now were between 7-10 years old when we were a good team.These kids have seen Syracuse as a BAD team for 10 yrs while Uconn and Rutgers have been ok.So recruits today see Uconn and Rutgers as a better option.You think they really know or care who Jim Brown or Ernie Davis was?So why bring either team along? Let them drown.Perception is STILL that we are a BAD team.

Succession plans are stupid. I'll show you why.

If Boeheim retires in 3 years, who would you rather have as head coach: Mike Hopkins or Brad Stevens?

Hop.png

The B1G would NEVER take UConn. They would only take RU if ND says yes.
I so do not understand the Rutgers thing.I don;t get it.Rutgers has a very good salesman school there.People seem to buy their crap.Not you.Just people in general.Its amazing how many ACC fans want to bring in Rutgers and not Uconn,Rutgers is and always has been and always will be .

I really can't see the ACC doing anything until the dust settles with the SEC & Big 12. I think both Rutgirlswhores & UConn will be on the back burner. Remember the ACC didn't make it's move until the SEC went to 13. I just don't see the ACC making the next move unless it's a big time program comes knocking that's adds value. Rutgirlwhores & UConn at best have plusses & minuses but no star power in football.

Now that the Big12 has decided to stay at 10, Coach K said he'd like to go to 16 as long as they were in eastern time zone. So take Louisville and Uconn then the snake salesman in the sec becomes irrelevant as the ACC has 5 programs as good as his. Then all 5 coaches can tell the players if you really want to be the best you have to play the best.

Imagine having to make a 50 year decision between UConn & Rutgers. In other words, which program has the most potential for growth within the next 50 years. If you were to do an apples-to-apples comparison of these two nameless schools, which would you choose?

Take the labels off the helmets and remove your orange colored glasses.

One school has a recent history of successful play that is marred with NCAA violations. They have spent millions updating their facilities, but are still sub-par when compared nationally. They located in historically poor recruiting grounds with an indiferent fanbase. They are located in a mediocre TV market and are in direct competition with professional sports.

The other school is located in firtile recruiting grounds next to the largest TV market in the country. While they currently have an inflated value of self and have accomplished nothing athletically, their school has no history of violations and graduates its student athletes. They have spent millions updating their facilities for all sports, and have a small but passionate fanbase.

If you were to ask me to make a 50 year decision on these programs...I would (HURL) pick (GAG)...Rutgers.

I need to go shower...I feel dirty.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

If you'd rather take an unproven assistant over a guy who has taken a program with no resources to back to back title games (something Calhoun & Boeheim have never done), then you really don't want to win national titles after JB leaves. You just want to feel warm and cozy.

Thing is. The recruits we are going after now were between 7-10 years old when we were a good team.These kids have seen Syracuse as a BAD team for 10 yrs while Uconn and Rutgers have been ok.So recruits today see Uconn and Rutgers as a better option.You think they really know or care who Jim Brown or Ernie Davis was?So why bring either team along? Let them drown.Perception is STILL that we are a BAD team.

Again SU being bad was its own fault. Had nothing to do with RU and UConn. Now that we have corrected our issues, we will be fine. You are blaming RU and UConn for our decline. When in fact it was SU. We need to correct our image by winning. Has nothing to do with RU and UConn.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

If you'd rather take an unproven assistant over a guy who has taken a program with no resources to back to back title games (something Calhoun & Boeheim have never done), then you really don't want to win national titles after JB leaves. You just want to feel warm and cozy.

hop-movie-chicken.jpg

UConn basketball is irrelevant if they will be excluded from the tournament based on their APR - that is the whole point of the article.

You add in the other factors when comparing Rutgers and UConn and it makes no sense to add UConn. Personally I would rather have Rutgers in the ACC for a couple reasons. They aren't disappearing as has been stated, if they don't go to the ACC they will go to the B10. That would hurt recruiting more. I hate them and I find it more fun each week playing the teams I hate then teams that I have no feelings for. Until last year I could care less about UConn.

Now that the Big12 has decided to stay at 10, Coach K said he'd like to go to 16 as long as they were in eastern time zone. So take Louisville and Uconn then the snake salesman in the sec becomes irrelevant as the ACC has 5 programs as good as his. Then all 5 coaches can tell the players if you really want to be the best you have to play the best.

If the ACC was going to forgo academics I would have rather had wv. I do agree that Louisville is still a solid choice but the football schools would go ballistic if 2 more "basketball" schools are the next ones in the acc.

But why do we want Rutgers or Uconn in the ACC when we are always fighting for the same players?Let them rot in the big east.Recruits will be ours.

This isn't completely accurate. We're just as likely to be fighting Akron for recruits. Rarely is a recruit deciding between us and UConn and in reality it rarely happens with Rutgers either. There have been some bigger recruits that we've recruited against with Rutgers but only a couple kids per year are deciding between us and them. That's not truly significant.

If your worried about Rutgers or UConn being in the ACC with us and being worried about recruits, your missing the big picture. I'm more worried about competing for recruits with Miami, Boston College, Maryland, and VT. Especially Boston College and Maryland - in the last 2 years we are more likely to be competing for recruits with them as we are with RU or UConn.

Does Ohio State not want Michigan in the same conference so they don't have to compete for recruits? Syracuse and UCONN is a great basketball rivalry, and you want to get rid of it so you don't have to compete for recruits? That is just silly, what makes Duke and North Carolina the best basketball rivalry is because they are so close to each other and they ar in the same conference. ESPN hypes their games every year and recuits take notice. To be one of the best, you CAN'T be afraid of competition, its what brings out the best in you.