UConn and WVU statements day after BE FB meeting | Syracusefan.com

UConn and WVU statements day after BE FB meeting

A vote of no confidence to the Big East. Hilarious on so many levels. I'm so glad we are out of that hornet's nest. I would think Swofford's next move will be the ultimate end game move now. Does he sit still and let the Big East die of starvation or shoot it in the head with a move to take UConn and hold a seat warm for ND.

Hysterical. WVU's statement is basically a big "situation wanted" ad ("we're an excellent flagship, land grant university, and we'll make coffee and do windows!"), and UConn practically admits they're actively trying to get into the ACC.

There is no way that any of those teams, if given an opportunity, wouldn't bolt to a bigger conference. No way. These statements are a joke.

No UConn or Rutgers to the ACC. Their festering in ConferenceUSA, er, I mean the Big East, is not only pure schadenfreude, but good for our recruiting interests.

That, and maybe Rutgers' 100 fans will finally shut up.

A vote of no confidence to the Big East. Hilarious on so many levels. I'm so glad we are out of that hornet's nest. I would think Swofford's next move will be the ultimate end game move now. Does he sit still and let the Big East die of starvation or shoot it in the head with a move to take UConn and hold a seat warm for ND.
I don't find it funny.

I feel for these people.

I would like to see them hang in there and bring two new strong football/TV teams to the league.

I want the Big East to survive and flourish, so I take no joy in any of these comments.

I hope the BE goes for Central Florida and Houston, and I hope UConn, Rutgers and WVU hang in there.

I don't find it funny.

I feel for these people.

I would like to see them hang in there and bring two new strong football/TV teams to the league.

I want the Big East to survive and flourish, so I take no joy in any of these comments.

I hope the BE goes for Central Florida and Houston, and I hope UConn, Rutgers and WVU hang in there.

I feel bad for West Virginia - whose greatest error seems to be basing their school in West Virginia.

UL is legit and will end up fine.

Rutgers and UConn attempted to take advantage of us at every turn. From Donyell Marshall to astroturf and helicopters and Burton and everything else. Better them sweating than us.

I don't find it funny.

I feel for these people.

I want the BE to survive. I don't want them to flourish. I feel for WV. I kinda feel for UConn. Don't feel any sorrow for Rutgers.

I think they wait to see where ND and Texas are at in a few. If Big 12 goes on without a huge increase in exit fee, Bonghorns can be had.

I don't find it funny.

I feel for these people.

Truly unfortunate that it has come to this. I am relieved we are Outside this mess looking in. It's just a shame, but this egg was laid years ago.