UCONN beats Texas | Syracusefan.com

UCONN beats Texas

NYCorange

2nd String
71-66. This helps us. Not that Texas is gonna be amazing, but they beat NC and could easily be a tourney team by the end of the year. Not that I root for UCONN, but it's pretty nice when everything good they do helps us.

That's a good way to look at it. As awesome as it would be for them to go 0-for in conference play, they are our 2nd best OOC win of the year. We need them and A&M to keep winning ball games.

The funniest thing going on on this board in a long time is most posters now pulling for UConn to win. We'll know the apocalypse is upon us when people start rooting for Rutgers.

The funniest thing going on on this board in a long time is most posters now pulling for UConn to win. We'll know the apocalypse is upon us when people start rooting for Rutgers.
Hard to imagine any scenario where we'd route for Rutgers b-ball, but I guess anything is possible.:D

Hard to imagine any scenario where we'd route for Rutgers b-ball, but I guess anything is possible.:D

Here's a few:

Rutgers vs. Georgetown.

Rutgers vs. Kentucky.

Actually, the first one is incorrect.
We'd all be rooting for the meteor strike that takes out the arena they're playing in.

Considering Texas played without their center, it was a good game. No way UCONN would have scored as many inside points with him in there.

Considering Texas played without their center, it was a good game. No way UCONN would have scored as many inside points with him in there.
UConn is without their center also. Pretty much a wash.

Sadly we are going to have to root for them this year, their success may determine whether we get in the tournament.

We probably still need at least 20 wins -- so 10 in conference -- and maybe one more in the ACC tourney.

hoopsupstate said:
I don't see SU coming close to 10 wins in the ACC.

I tend to agree.

If not, there will be no tourney invite.

That's a good way to look at it. As awesome as it would be for them to go 0-for in conference play, they are our 2nd best OOC win of the year. We need them and A&M to keep winning ball games.

WE need to begin winning games for any of this to matter. Frustrating.

71-66. This helps us. Not that Texas is gonna be amazing, but they beat NC and could easily be a tourney team by the end of the year. Not that I root for UCONN, but it's pretty nice when everything good they do helps us.
UT Injured key player

SU needs a Shaka Smart to revitalize the program

We probably still need at least 20 wins -- so 10 in conference -- and maybe one more in the ACC tourney.
depends on who the wins are against. 9 wins with a couple of them against NC/Duke/uva/Miami could be enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom