UConn: Better TV market, better educated demographics | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn: Better TV market, better educated demographics

If we're riding all our hopes on what Florida State thinks, then maybe we don't belong in the ACC or a league that thinks football is all that matters. FSU really has accomplished much of anything in basketball. Maybe they need to work on that a little.

Really?? It seems pretty damn clear that football, more specifically the revenue it generates, IS all that really matters. And, didn't we just leave the Little BigHorn of national hybrid conferences that thought that basketball was king; or least the queen dressed as a king?

cuseguy, I've decided that I'm buying you and Barney a house in the greater Lexington/Louisville area. Just make sure if the IRS asks, that I live there one week per year (need the tax break).

You'll love it. The horses to bet on, the sundresses, the college hoops, and to a lesser extent the college football.

You're the last man standing who's all in on UConn. This is my attempt at fixing this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chip, I hope you'll join us at our (your) Old Kentucky Home.

Seriously, it's not just about having greater access to an SU road game. That would be nice.

To a larger degree, it's about generating interest in ACC sports in my area (Connecticut/NY metro/rest of New England). If you add UConn to the mix, you'll drown out a lot of the hype/exposure of having Rutgers in the B1G with Penn State and Maryland. It also might help SU with TV exposure in New York and the region. Concerned about this now that we've left the Big East.

I think this is one of the reasons (maybe the biggest reason along with TV households) why the B1G added Rutgers and Maryland. To drive up B1G interest in the DC and NY metro areas and take away from recent moves made by the ACC.

I was never excited about Louisville in the Big East. Certainly not going to get jacked up about them joining the ACC.

SU-UConn is a much better basketball rivalry. In time, it will be better in football, too. Just wait until Steve Addazio takes over at UConn.

Really?? It seems pretty damn clear that football, more specifically the revenue it generates, IS all that really matters. And, didn't we just leave the Little BigHorn of national hybrid conferences that thought that basketball was king; or least the queen dressed as a king?

Was Florida State going to leave the ACC if Maryland had stayed? If not, then why is there a discussion about football? Maryland certainly wasn't bringing anything to the table in football.

Was Florida State going to leave the ACC if Maryland had stayed? If not, then why is there a discussion about football? Maryland certainly wasn't bringing anything to the table in football.
Maryland wasn't bringing anything to the table in much of anything except boring lacrosse.

If FSU stays or leaves, that decision will ultimately be predicated on the money generated by everything football - tv contracts, bowl affiliation, tier rights, the collective strength/perception of ACC football, ND football, etc. Fact, the ACC was much more stable before Maryland left. Maryland followed the money to the B1G, money that was generated by...all things football.