UConn Complaining About "Academic Shenanigans"? lol | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Complaining About "Academic Shenanigans"? lol

Gotta love Storz fans who come here and pretend to be nice and then show their true colors. F every one of them
Hey I like cuse....
F them. I think its time I registered for a chance at posting over there.
Trust me don't
My definition of insignificant is when all you can talk about is the past, primarily because you have no future. Another definition of becoming insignificant, basketball wise, is when you spend your energy putting down other programs, when your own has become an unmitigated disaster. There are reasons why no major conference wants you. You bring nothing to the table but bad karma. Best of luck in the insignificant MAC.
because your past is so wonderful. And how the hell are we a disaster? Its only 1 year ban.
Can we just all agree that to compete at a certain level in D1 men's basketball, it takes a certain level of, shall we say, effort that may fall into some gray areas at times and leave it at that?

Let's be honest, I bet you can take the top 10 programs of the last decade, start snooping around and find quite a bit to keep people interested.

Ya, UConn has a checkered past, we have a checkered past, etc etc.

Some teams are going to bend the rules, some will break them and some will try to find ways to avoid them... it doesn't matter. Bottom line, no place is perfect and no one is without fault (except for Carmelo).

So let's keep rooting like hell against each other on the court and root for each other to stay off probation. I'd rather beat UConn on the floor then see them not in the post season (in fact, I would like them to be in the ACC).
well said

Hey I like cuse....
Trust me don't
because your past is so wonderful. And how the hell are we a disaster? Its only 1 year ban.
well said
UConn is out of the tourament this year because of academics. Name the good UConn player that has missed games because of bad academics? We lost Melo and lost Southerland for 6 games this year.

But even if we didn't have standards, "term papers" would still be an odd subject for Yukon to raise, having its own (far uglier) history of cozy suspensions after felony theft charges,
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2207100 [Williams],

drug possession http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/2011-04-22/uconn-player-arrested-marijuana [coombs mcdaniel]

and domestic battery and burglary http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...lf-arrested-suspended-domestic-dispute-021113 [current center Enosch Wolf]

Even former players are distinguishing themselves with the knowledge they gained at Yukon.
http://manchester.patch.com/article...yer-arrested-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-6df8d2f2 [former player Tate George]

Don't forget Kemba Walker says he read only one book while he was at Storrs Correctional...and they gave him a diploma!

Don't forget Kemba Walker says he read only one book while he was at Storrs Correctional...and they gave him a diploma!
Another juicy fact ... should have gone in the thread. I'll hold that one close to the vest in case we get an interloper from the Boneyard (don't hold your breath ... they're listing to one side on this issue already).

Hey I like cuse....
Trust me don't
well said
No one's claiming perfection. But we obviously have high academic standards, and we're obviously enforcing them -- including academic integrity policies -- against star players. This is well beyond the basics of APR and suspensions for felonies. The GT hoyettes had an academic suspension this year, and I didn't see any derisive articles coming from Storrs about that.

At any rate, if player punishment. i.e., academic standards enforcement, is the only basis for this 'shenanigans' article, then the article is not only self-refuting, but hypocritical -- given Yukon's famously lax (internal) enforcement record.

Hey I like cuse....
Trust me don't
well said
You're a disaster because you can no longer recruit with the elite teams, your best player this year is a head case who mopes up the court when things aren't going his way, you have no viable conference to play in, those 3 nc's you speak of can't get you an invitation to a conference anywhere, the C-7 won't have you, you're ineligible to play in anything this year, your academics are pathetic, you've got girl slappers on the team, your attendance is way down, and your team stinks. I could write more, but I'm getting tired. And btw, get lost.

You're a disaster because you can no longer recruit with the elite teams, your best player this year is a head case who mopes up the court when things aren't going his way, you have no viable conference to play in, those 3 nc's you speak of can't get you an invitation to a conference anywhere, the C-7 won't have you, you're ineligible to play in anything this year, your academics are pathetic, you've got girl slappers on the team, your attendance is way down, and your team stinks. I could write more, but I'm getting tired. And btw, get lost.
What player? Shabazz plays hard no matter if were losing or not. We don't want the C7. Don't even start with academics, were practically the same. Your right about recruiting for now though. Were definitely in the top 2 for the acc come expansion. Am sorry if you don't like me but am not going anywhere, unless they make me.

What player? Shabazz plays hard no matter if were losing or not. We don't want the C7. Don't even start with academics, were practically the same. Your right about recruiting for now though. Were definitely in the top 2 for the acc come expansion. Am sorry if you don't like me but am not going anywhere, unless they make me.
Bazz is extremely frustrating to watch (if you're a UConn fan). The past few games he does absolutely nothing in the first half, he barely shoots, then all of sudden in the 2nd half he decides he's going to take over, which works against USF and Rutgers, but it won't work against good teams. I get that he tries to get everyone else involved first, but he shouldn't, he's your best offensive player and it isn't close, he should be taking 20 shots a game. I wouldn't say he's lazy necessarily, but he does tend to mope (hell, a lot of players do).

Bazz is extremely frustrating to watch (if you're a UConn fan). The past few games he does absolutely nothing in the first half, he barely shoots, then all of sudden in the 2nd half he decides he's going to take over, which works against USF and Rutgers, but it won't work against good teams. I get that he tries to get everyone else involved first, but he shouldn't, he's your best offensive player and it isn't close, he should be taking 20 shots a game. I wouldn't say he's lazy necessarily, but he does tend to mope (hell, a lot of players do).
I thought you might appreciate this quote, it was you with the boatright pic right? "They have a guy whose whole shtick is "" and those morons eat it up. Another guy has a Ryan Boatright avatar. "
Too bad they didn't read what the pic said. Morons

I thought you might appreciate this quote, it was you with the boatright pic right? "They have a guy whose whole shtick is "" and those morons eat it up. Another guy has a Ryan Boatright avatar. "
Too bad they didn't read what the pic said. Morons
lol. marsh we're famous!!

That was a joke. In college do you ever seriously read textbooks cover to cover?

I sure as hell read more than one book before graduating college...which Kemba Walker did in three years, amazingly.

and who started that thread? Another one of cto's good guys. Alexd. They point out that we did have a ban in '93. But notice the Big east didn't consider banning us from the Big east tournament. Even the Catholic 7 was nothing to do with them.
They could point that out (the ban)... which was 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the timing of the 'shifty academic shenanigans article' was spectacularly poor, since their on academic suspension right now.

That is one side of the coin...the other side is the future and I will take ours over theirs...

if you could tell me that i can live to see 3 national titles in my lifetime i would take it.

UConn is out of the tourament this year because of academics. Name the good UConn player that has missed games because of bad academics? We lost Melo and lost Southerland for 6 games this year.

APR and academics are not the same thing. They just aren't. Ask or read up on them, big difference.

Off the top of my head, I think Marcus Williams missed the second semester in 2004 because of academics. He was literally the third guard on the team and many wanted him to start over Taliek Brown. UConn played the second semester with no true backup PG or SG. UConn still won a NC, Williams did not receive a ring.

Melo failed out, Southerland was accused of cheating. Again read up on the APR if you think UConn players failing to get APR scores means a thing about their grades or cheating.

I'll save you some trouble with an example:

A player can contribute to a bad APR score after having a 4.0 GPA for 7 semesters, but only taking the minimum course load to stay eligible by NCAA standards. In his final semester he has a C average going into finals, but skips finals to attend professional workouts (NBA/Europe). He ends up with all incompletes and failures his final semester. Since he now failed and didn't have the credits he needed he is a 0/2 that final semester.

A player has a 2.0 as a freshman while taking the minimum for the NCAA, I think it's 18 credit hours for a full freshman year (9 per semester). The player completes all course work with a 2.0. He goes pro, and because he completed freshman level courses was able to finish without taking a single final in class his second semester. He is a 2/2 by the APR.

Who was the better student? Both are legitimately eligible during their playing time.

There are many more flawed situations, transfers needing higher GPA's than players leaving to go pro to get 2/2's, etc.

APR and academics are not the same thing. They just aren't. Ask or read up on them, big difference.

Off the top of my head, I think Marcus Williams missed the second semester in 2004 because of academics. He was literally the third guard on the team and many wanted him to start over Taliek Brown. UConn played the second semester with no true backup PG or SG. UConn still won a NC, Williams did not receive a ring.

Melo failed out, Southerland was accused of cheating. Again read up on the APR if you think UConn players failing to get APR scores means a thing about their grades or cheating.

A player can contribute to a bad APR score after having a 4.0 GPA for 7 semesters, but only taking the minimum course load to stay eligible by NCAA standards. In his final semester he has a C average going into finals, but skips finals to attend professional workouts (NBA/Europe). He ends up with all incompletes and failures his final semester. Since he now failed and didn't have the credits he needed he is a 0/2 that final semester.

A player has a 2.0 as a freshman while taking the minimum for the NCAA, I think it's 18 credit hours for a full freshman year (9 per semester). The player completes all course work with a 2.0. He goes pro, and because he completed freshman level courses was able to finish without taking a single final in class his second semester. He is a 2/2 by the APR.

Who was the better student? Both are legitimately eligible during their playing time.

There are many more flawed situations, transfers needing higher GPA's than players leaving to go pro to get 2/2's, etc.
Obviously they aren't the same or they would be the same. But, a reserve guard is one thing. A starting center is another.

:blah: :blah::blah:
Bottom-line is your program is suspended, the first major one to do so, straight off of a NC, and both the BEast and NCAA shut you down. So please, spare us the self-serving diagnosis.
Your administration should stop flashing its panties at every conference in the country, and your fan-base should show some humility and take your medicine.
Again, alot of us had grudging respect for UConn...thanks for proving us wrong.(n)

Neither side should be throwing stones here. Both programs are guilty of lack of institutional control.

I think their main gripe is we always get away with it and they always get sanctioned for it...

But in reality, their infractions always seem to be worse and draw more NCAA scrutiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom