UConn/Cuse TV Rating, Bad News For BE TV $$$ | Syracusefan.com

UConn/Cuse TV Rating, Bad News For BE TV $$$

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
UConn@Cuse Nationally 0.7

Interestingly Syracuse outdrew the Houston/SMU game in Houston's own market...they can't bode well for BE Negotiations. Houston Area TV nums of interest: UConn@Cuse 0.4, Friday night Houston@SMU 0.13 Thurs Night, Hurt Bell@Euless Trinity HS FB 0.11 Thurs Night The interesting thing here is two DFW area HS FB teams nearly beat out the Houston/SMU game in Houston. Now I realize the Houston/SMU game was played on a RSN and Cuse was on the Mothership...but still that really shows that all the good nums Houston drew last year faded quickly when Houston fell back to the middle of the pack. Cuse has sucked in FB for a decade and we still draw middle of the pack BCS numbers.

Cuse numbers should go up in the ACC as we play more nationally recognized programs.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2...s-cowboys-high-school-uh-comparisons-of-note/

Another trend I see is Thursday Night College Football is dead save (NFL is killing the ratings) for the biggest named teams (but their nums are still down too)... but I think you'll see Thursday night revert back to midmajor night like 20 years ago and the Big Boy schools will try to move back to Saturday or a few select Friday nights.

Friday night games will help Syracuse immensely. Most SEC, B12 and ACC teams can't host Friday night games for fear of backlash from in state HS Coaches and HS FB fans. This isn't a problem in Syracuse as HS FB is played Fri afternoon, Fri Night, Sat afternoon and isn't a huge community thing as compared to places like TX and FL. I see Friday night becoming the new Thursday night but really only for the biggest midmajors and BCS schools that can politicially play on Friday at home. I can see teams like FSU and Clemson possibly traveling to the Dome on a Friday (less backlash than hosting) but they'll never want to host a Friday night game.

Maybe the TV ratings for the SMU/Houston game was so low because everyone was at the game?

Then again, maybe not:

"The Houston Cougars lost to the SMU Mustangs by a final score of 72-42 in front of an announced crowd of 16,459 at Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas Thursday night." (Source: Coogfans.com)

Maybe the TV ratings for the SMU/Houston game was so low because everyone was at the game?

Then again, maybe not:

"The Houston Cougars lost to the SMU Mustangs by a final score of 72-42 in front of an announced crowd of 16,459 at Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas Thursday night." (Source: Coogfans.com)

All I can think is the 500,000 Rutgers fans in Houston forget to turn on their DVRs.

All I can think is the 500,000 Rutgers fans in Houston forget to turn on their DVRs.

:rolling:

I have met two Rutgers grads here in Houston. Neither is a Rutgers fan.

Another trend I see is Thursday Night College Football is dead save (NFL is killing the ratings) for the biggest named teams (but their nums are still down too)... but I think you'll see Thursday night revert back to midmajor night like 20 years ago and the Big Boy schools will try to move back to Saturday or a few select Friday nights.

Friday night games will help Syracuse immensely. Most SEC, B12 and ACC teams can't host Friday night games for fear of backlash from in state HS Coaches and HS FB fans. This isn't a problem in Syracuse as HS FB is played Fri afternoon, Fri Night, Sat afternoon and isn't a huge community thing as compared to places like TX and FL. I see Friday night becoming the new Thursday night but really only for the biggest midmajors and BCS schools that can politicially play on Friday at home. I can see teams like FSU and Clemson possibly traveling to the Dome on a Friday (less backlash than hosting) but they'll never want to host a Friday night game.

Maybe that could be our new slogan..Syracuse: New York's college team AND the Nation's Friday Night College team...

i wouldnt make it up to e-6 if the e-5 rerun had Magnus Ver Magnussun on.
1223857598pudzian.jpg

it's all about Mariusz Pudzianowski. Poland!

1223857598pudzian.jpg

it's all about Mariusz Pudzianowski. Poland!

Poland is littered with 5 star strongmen contest recruits, like Texas is littered with Div 1 QB recruits.

We better get Wheatley on the next flight to Warsaw.