UConn down 28-0 vs UCF, end 1st qtr | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn down 28-0 vs UCF, end 1st qtr

Nearing the end of the 3rd - Tulsa leads 42-0.

If UConn gets a FG - drink! give Randy $5K!

Somebody needs to mercy kill the Uconn football program.

Why they have as much a chance as UMass at being a candidate for Big Ten expansion.
Uconn hit their apex and are plummeting, Umass is still rising.

Uconn hit their apex and are plummeting, Umass is still rising.
1571018737069.png

They've given up at least 44 points in 5 of their 6 games. Want more details?

It's going to be a tough rebuild.

But in the lighter side they gave up 69 points yesterday. On 689 yards which is almost 69...0.

So that’s funny right? RIGHT?

But they're still rising? Sure looks like cratering to me.
They are starting from scratch with a young coach who is installing a hurry up offense with like 60 players on the roster. It's interesting to watch.

But in the lighter side they gave up 69 points yesterday. On 689 yards which is almost 69...0.

So that’s funny right? RIGHT?
They still have a glimmer of hope, unlike the Huskies.

They are starting from scratch with a young coach who is installing a hurry up offense with like 60 players on the roster. It's interesting to watch.
"Interesting to watch" does not make one P5-worthy.

Other than the UMass administration, 6 fans, and you, no one is watching. Certainly not the B1G.

UCF has a better chance of landing in a P5 conference than UMass. UConn, too (there dasher - I got this thread back on topic ;) ).

"Interesting to watch" does not make one P5-worthy.

Other than the UMass administration, 6 fans, and you, no one is watching. Certainly not the B1G.

UCF has a better chance of landing in a P5 conference than UMass. UConn, too (there dasher - I got this thread back on topic ;) ).
UCONN totally screwed up when they didn't come into the Big East in football at the onset of the league establishing football. I think their program is dead man walking at this point, likely to go to the Patriot league FCS. Walt Bell got the best recruiting class in UMASS history ranked around 70, on par with SU. It's his first year and he has 60 players on scholarship. He needs 2 more classes. Also UMASS is building some facilities and improving the McGuirk. I like watching someone try to build something, it gives me hope for the future.

UCONN totally screwed up when they didn't come into the Big East in football at the onset of the league establishing football. I think their program is dead man walking at this point, likely to go to the Patriot league FCS. Walt Bell got the best recruiting class in UMASS history ranked around 70, on par with SU. It's his first year and he has 60 players on scholarship. He needs 2 more classes. Also UMASS is building some facilities and improving the McGuirk. I like watching someone try to build something, it gives me hope for the future.
Agree with everything you said about UConn, except the 'likely' FCS thing. It might be the wise thing to do financially, but they stubbornly refuse to give up the idea they will be in a P5 conference some day. And they can't do that with FCS football. They should (but they won't) just shrug their shoulders, admit their mistake, drop down (or drop totally) football and try to make hay in the NNNBE.

Sounds amazing.

If i was a uconn fan id be fine being in the fcs. id still go to games. plus it allows more money for other sports and still lets kids play football and other sports at a competitive level

Sounds amazing.
Why the snark Chip. It's like watching stocks, you find an up and coming small company and invest in it. Yes? The only thing that really has my interest right now in football is Eric Dungey on the Brownies.

Why the snark Chip. It's like watching stocks, you find an up and coming small company and invest in it. Yes? The only thing that really has my interest right now in football is Eric Dungey on the Brownies.

At this point I don’t even know I’m doing it.

But interesting to note you sold your Syracuse stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom