Uconn Fans: Long | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn Fans: Long

I have to admit I talk crap about Cuse, I don't think the amount has changed since before the ACC stuff. It's a rivalry, so it's fun to tweak the opposing fans sometimes. I try to keep things factual though.

There are a few reasons some might be taking it harder:

1 - There are a few Cuse fans that go to messageboards and trash UConn just as hard, you could say relentlessly. There are probably as many derogatory posts about UConn on this board (if not more) than on the-boneyard.

2- There is some jealousy about Cuse being in a better conference. UConn might land on it's feet, but damn if it isn't a big question mark right now. I personally don't think UConn's brand or success will drop off that much (or as much as most Cuse fans think), but to go from playing in the best basketball conference in the land to the 4th or 5th at best sucks. The reason I don't think there will be a huge dropoff is because college basketball is all about coaching and I think Ollie is a good enough coach to keep UConn relevant and contending but it's more fun when it's a nightly test rather than a regular season breeze. UConn could be what Memphis was under Calipari, but clean (I dare someone to say Ollie isn't).

3- There were numerous reports that Cuse officials, lead by Boeheim, went out of their way to lobby against UConn being included, when it was UL versus UConn, in the ACC, even though they didn't have a vote. True or not that is going to piss off UConn fans.

4- The blanket increase in messageboard usage among younger (dumber) fans on both sides. Let's be honest, some people take trolling as an art form.

People sometimes forget that anyone, from any background, from any part of the world, with a rooting/non rooting interest in any team/thing, can go on the internet and claim to be the exact opposite of what/who they really are.

And, some people are just d*cks.

That being said, I wore my Bills jersey to the season opener against the Jets this year and wasn't really harassed (at least nothing physical/extremely verbal leading to potential physicality) at all. I absolutely cannot stand the female fans who get drunk and just screech the entire damn game.

Similar stuff has happened to me at the dome, luckily I wasn't really alone as I had just left my friends a bit earlier when they stopped in the head. Idiots exist in all fanbases. I did report the incident though it ended with only a few bruises, and I will say the guys were Cuse fans but seemed more like locals than students. The police never did a thing about it.

Still nothing was worse than a live USA versus Mexico soccer game in Azteca. I'm lucky I got out of that only covered in piss and feces and a black eye.
Nice story...piss and feces? In Mexico...yowza

I've never been really bothered at games...I've had some heckling but between my size and my ability to bring levity to the situation (works well with the college kids)...I've never had anyone threaten me with violence...that said I still found UConn the worst experience at the Rent...total d!cks there both times I went most of them looked like townies in their 20s...nothing like hit n run with beer splatters and stupid drunk comments. The funny thing is they knew nothing about anything when you debate them...total morons.

If you're a pats fan don't come to Buffalo. If you're a hoya fan don't come to 'Cuse. Simple

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

So did John quinones pop out and say what would you do? Just kidding! Not trying to be a jerk but at what point to you stop being a fan and start being a human. It quite sad to say that not one person tried to help your brother out weather it be uconn fan cuse fan Springfield fan or MIT fan

Nice story...piss and feces? In Mexico...yowza

I've never been really bothered at games...I've had some heckling but between my size and my ability to bring levity to the situation (works well with the college kids)...I've never had anyone threaten me with violence...that said I still found UConn the worst experience at the Rent...total d!cks there both times I went most of them looked like townies in their 20s...nothing like hit n run with beer splatters and stupid drunk comments. The funny thing is they knew nothing about anything when you debate them...total morons.

I made sure to get a nice long shower and throw out the clothes.

Funny thing is, I really should have known better after seeing Mexican fans throw piss at opposing fans in LA before, that time I wasn't wearing a US jersey and was pretty young, so I wasn't really harassed, but literally saw them pee into a cup and throw the cup, filthy. Soccer crowds are the best and worst. The atmosphere for a good soccer match can't be outdone, but the idiots also can't be outdone.

I really don't want to go incognito tomorrow. Got my birthday present Cuse hooded sweatshirt that might not have brought luck at MSG but still, I love wearing it.

Now, from looking at me and all of my 5'6 inch tall frame, you wouldn't think I was a tough guy, but as my wife said to a friend the other day, 'he is not afraid of one person on this planet'. Don't get me wrong, I never started trouble, but I never backed down too. That's my own temperament and I am certainly not proud of it.

So, question to the board. Do I not wear my Cuse sweatshirt? I know not to start trouble, but do I not cheer? I might even meet up with a colleague who is an SHU fan maybe one of the board members as well, but am going alone. I saw the Yankees in San Diego when they swept (best or one of the best winning percentages in a single season), sat in the uppers, befriended an ex Golden Gloves boxing champ who moved from East New York to SD (he must have been at least 70 years old) while other Yankee fans were stirring up plenty of trouble. But again, went solo, no trouble as I'm a nice guy. My problem is I'm a nice guy until someone starts up.

What to do?

Are you serious?? Jaysus. Sack up, and go all orange. Seton Hall fans are gentle, and in any event will be outnumbered by orange 60-40%.

See you there.

Oy vey with this thread.

I just messing with you man, even trying to get a slight bit of humor in there. I guess I wasn't overly thrilled in the first post when you said the Bills' games reminded you of the incident that happened with your brother. I'm not upset or anything, just sticking up for what I believe to be a good fan base is all. I think I'm going to log off, my posts aren't doing so well tonight. :)

After what I saw in the 3rd level at buffaloes Monday night game vs Dallas a few years back I would do anything but call it a classy fan base. My entire section was almost empty by the end of the game (which was won at the end of regulation by a fg) because everyone got kicked out for fights in the stands . I'm not exaggerating when I say there was at least 10 fights, one involving 15 plus people. I was shocked with what I witnessed and will never go to an nfl game ever again, especially at buffalo

Wearing gear to any away game can be dangerous, especially if you are mouthy and/or alone. As others have said, every fan base will have it's miscreants. I don't blame you or your brother for your hard feelings, but I'd still wager the fans in question were a decided minority. I have to take objection to knocking another downtrodden upstate NY city's fan base as well. I mean, San Francisco had 2 shootings and a beating in it's parking lot in a preseason game not so long ago.
Well, maybe some of those Bill's fans need to be knocked. My friend in Batavia was an original Bills' season ticket holder. Several years ago he gave up those seats because some "fans" had gotten out of control with vulgar language, fighting and just being total jerks. Management refused to do anything about it and in the process lost his season ticket as well as two of his friends.

The game experience for me in Buffalo is a total show. I'll never go back

Are you serious?? Jaysus. Sack up, and go all orange. Seton Hall fans are gentle, and in any event will be outnumbered by orange 60-40%.

See you there.

Oy vey with this thread.
When you're right, you're right.
Coming with colors.

After what I saw in the 3rd level at buffaloes Monday night game vs Dallas a few years back I would do anything but call it a classy fan base. My entire section was almost empty by the end of the game (which was won at the end of regulation by a fg) because everyone got kicked out for fights in the stands . I'm not exaggerating when I say there was at least 10 fights, one involving 15 plus people. I was shocked with what I witnessed and will never go to an nfl game ever again, especially at buffalo

My 12 year old son wants me to take him to an Eagles game in Philly. Even wearing Eagles gear, he doesn't need to see/hear what goes on in Philly crowds.

I like the Fans of other teams who talk to you during the game and shake hands at the end. You get to hear what they think about your team and about thier team. Seton hall you can wear Orange. and georgetown I am wearing orange. I wonder how the Clemson fans will be when we pregame at the local IHop?

I like the Fans of other teams who talk to you during the game and shake hands at the end. You get to hear what they think about your team and about thier team. Seton hall you can wear Orange. and georgetown I am wearing orange. I wonder how the Clemson fans will be when we pregame at the local IHop?
I will be wearing all orange in DC i can tell you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemson fans will be cordial to you...a fake, arrogant cordial but it should be cool.

Surprising to me since moving to the South several years ago, that fans at most games are quite cordial. Our first experience was going to the Cuse- South Carolina BB game in Columbia. This was the Etan/Jason team. We had Orange gear on. Stopping by the refreshment stand, all we heard was "glad you're here", "hope we give you a good game" and other nice comments. Far from what you'd get in most of the Northeast.
Last experience was at NC State game last year. Good conversations with their fans. I guess we weren't part of the "offensive groups" that some of the NC State fans ran into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom