UCONN is a bad matchup for UK | Syracusefan.com

UCONN is a bad matchup for UK

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
I think UCONN is such a bad matchup for UK.. the guards for UCONN are so disruptive and limit dribble penetration so much which is how UK thrives.. UK's dribble penetration is what gives them the majority of their offensive rebounds and without the same dribble penetration they normally get, I do not think rebounding will be a MAJOR problem like it has been with every other team that has played UK.

Could be. So far they have taken Appling/MSU guards and the UF guards and really messed them up. Should be fascinating. Offensively Napier and Boatwright could struggle vs the size of the UK guards.

I don't know man, L'vlle disrupts guards more than ucon

I think it's a pretty good matchup for UK. UK is one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country and UConn is one of the worst. Napier and Boatwright are probably 6' and 5'11 respectively. I don't know if they'll be as disruptive against UK's big guards and I think UK's shot blocking will bother them on the offensive end. I also think DeAndre Daniels will get pushed around by UK's size.

It will come down to UConn's back court vs. Kentucky's front court. Who imposes their will and takes the most advantage of their strengths.

I don't know man, L'vlle disrupts guards more than ucon

In theory yes but not in this Tournament. Cremins on Sirius this afternoon had the St. Louis coach on the air. Both he and Cremins said all the coaches were raving about the UConn guards' disruptive D.

I think it's a pretty good matchup for UK. UK is one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country and UConn is one of the worst. Napier and Boatwright are probably 6' and 5'11 respectively. I don't know if they'll be as disruptive against UK's big guards and I think UK's shot blocking will bother them on the offensive end. I also think DeAndre Daniels will get pushed around by UK's size.

Thinking this as well. UK is really good.

In theory yes but not in this Tournament. Cremins on Sirius this afternoon had the St. Louis coach on the air. Both he and Cremins said all the coaches were raving about the UConn guards' disruptive D.
yeah, all the NBA guys were raving about Kentucky's talent.

Randle will be a load for UConn to handle. Daniels is a difficult matchup for most teams, but I think UK has the size and athletes to bother him.

I agree that UConn's pressure could bother UK's guards, but I think overall UK has more matchup advantages than UConn does. As long as UK goes to the paint early and often they should be fine; UConn's big men are foul prone and you can't go that small lineup like they did yesterday vs. UK.

If Brimah doesn't play the best game of his life I think UK prevails.
At this point, I'd be alot more surprised if Brimah didn't put up 20 and 20 with 11 blocks tomorrow. And their scrub Samuels will probably go 7/7 from three

UK won't be able to handle UConn's guard penetration. UConn wins their 4th.

I fully expect Kentucky to play their worst game of the year and Uconn win 58-52

Hope UConn wins but just have a feeling Randle/Poythress/Johnson are going to make UConn's frontline their bitches.

Florida and msu were a bad matchup for uconn, Uk is going to kill uconn on the boards, and uconn has no answer for randle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom