UConn Postgame Discussion Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Postgame Discussion Thread

Rising from my slumber, I am surprised by two things:

First, that my lover did not make use of the Uber coupon I had placed on her nightstand in the wee hours of this morning after our intense and sometimes dangerous post game coitus, but chose instead to remain by my side for perhaps even more celebrating once I have prepared my body with essential oils.

Second, after two games, the play of one Garrett Shrader. He directs the offense with the skill and grace of a champion Flamenco Dancer trying to avenge his past while educating us on the finer points of Moorish musical traditions.

Bravo, Maestro!

LGO
A8C06499-700A-41AF-B135-A1619A743A65.gif

I have always held it against UCONN that they didn't move their football program up when it looked like finally an eastern all-sport conference was a real possibility in 1990. If they had, it could have cemented that as the result. At this point, they have realized that they were shortsighted and that there is no way to be part of major college sports without football being at the center of an athletic department. I feel like they have suffered enough for their poor decision and have been in realignment purgatory long enough, I don't have any animosity towards them any longer.
UCT moving up earlier would not have “saved” eastern football, but at least they would have contributed even a little to trying to build it.

Hard to believe that is a pic from last night's game - on TV the crowd looked much smaller.
It was a good crowd and we travel well.

After watching all those Sun Belt teams win and seeing all these ACC schools go on the road to G5 opponents we should really play Uconn every year for the next decade+ and give them their marquee rivalry. We won't lose more than 1 game out of 10 to them. Their fans hate us and show up to give it a good atmosphere it was a fun game to be at and its an easy trip for ours.

There are no BS games out of conference on our schedule and we need to keep it that way Army and Uconn are the only road non P5 games we have under contract. Those Sun Belt schools can get good overnight too you can't predict what game is going to be tough 5 years out. Uconn and a FCS every year is smart.

It was a good crowd and we travel well.

After watching all those Sun Belt teams win and seeing all these ACC schools go on the road to G5 opponents we should really play Uconn every year for the next decade+ and give them their marquee rivalry. We won't lose more than 1 game out of 10 to them. Their fans hate us and show up to give it a good atmosphere it was a fun game to be at and its an easy trip for ours.

There are no BS games out of conference on our schedule and we need to keep it that way Army and Uconn are the only road non P5 games we have under contract. Those Sun Belt schools can get good overnight too you can't predict what game is going to be tough 5 years out. Uconn and a FCS every year is smart.

Eventually every P5 will go to 10 P5 games. In our case it will be 8+2. ND at that point might need a 6th ACC game, which helps our TV getting 3 ESPN owned ND games every year vs 2-3. For the other 2 games everyone will be looking to buy 2 G5 home games. We should be doing the same. If we are to play a road game, IMO it should only be Army, Navy, or Temple. There is no reason to play in Hartford. Maybe if they give us a 3 for 1 we could consider it, but I still wouldn't.

Eventually every P5 will go to 10 P5 games. In our case it will be 8+2. ND at that point might need a 6th ACC game, which helps our TV getting 3 ESPN owned ND games every year vs 2-3. For the other 2 games everyone will be looking to buy 2 G5 home games. We should be doing the same. If we are to play a road game, IMO it should only be Army, Navy, or Temple. There is no reason to play in Hartford. Maybe if they give us a 3 for 1 we could consider it, but I still wouldn't.

Lol you are acting like every school doesn't try to avoid G5 road games. Its nowhere near that easy. UNC started with App St and Georgia State on the road. That AD isn't strapped for cash.

I don't think anything like that is correct these schools won't want more tough games if they are looking at 3 playoff games after the conference championships.

Yes we would be helping Uconn... so what we'd be helping ourselves more. I'd add Umass annually as well and just play 1 tough game outside of the ACC every year.

Is it just me or did the woman calling this game sound completely bland and flat?

I’m all for giving women more opportunities in the booth but seesh she sounded passionless. It’s a football game, god forbid you get excited.

Purdue? More like Purdon’t am I right folks?
The whole broadcast team was pretty terrible. I actually felt she was the only thing holding it all together, but she wasn’t great.

Just reading over the UConn yearbook and seeing Chauncey scissum and siriki diabate are both support staff for them. Also heard Erv Phillips (CT native) was in attendance last night

Just reading over the UConn yearbook and seeing Chauncey scissum and siriki diabate are both support staff for them. Also heard Erv Phillips (CT native) was in attendance last night
Just an fyi...If you use the search function on the site you will see posts about Diabate being the LB Coach and Scissum an S&C Coach at UConn.

Nice!!!
#10 Michican at 110db. (We hit that all the time)
#7. Kyle field. 117db. (Ive measured 118)

Creepy valley at #6. 122db. Lets beat the CREEPS!

A good game with 40k? Lets see how high on that list we go...

LFGO!
I have little doubt at this point that the new roof reflects sound better than the old one. It makes the building louder.

I could be crazy but it looks to me as though over the summer, they might have removed the insulation under the hard panels on the inner surface of the hard part of the roof. I thought there was some last year but I don't see it this season.

This stuff matters much more than posts on a message board, believe it or not.

He’s only got 589 followers. We have several thousand. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom