UConn President aggressively courting the ACC | Syracusefan.com

UConn President aggressively courting the ACC

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ies-aggressively-seeking-acc-move-source-says

Count me in the crowd that doesn't want 16 team conferences and I don't believe the ACC will add UConn until Notre Dame and Texas give thumbs down. Its smart on UConn's front, but I doubt the ACC adds them right away. Basically the Big East is becoming
images

I hope the ACC goes to 16 by adding WVU and Louisville. Football is king with respect to the conference shuffling and UConn and Rutgers don't have the football cache that WVU has or the potential of a Louisville. Also, WVU and UL both have solid hoops programs, unlike RU.

WVU is SEC bound I believe, but give me Kansas and Louisville. Basketball royalty and Louisville's football is improving. Kansas is screwed now that it looks like Texas is Pac-16 bound.

If the ACC goes 16 without UConn then they will be in the BIG10 which could hurt us recruiting wise with bball.

UConn and either WVU or ND(all sports would be my choice. Please no Rutgers although thats not bad if UConn comes with them. Texas is just too far away for me.

UConn in the B1G won't happen before ND, Mizzou, join, and then it would be as a 15 who would be the 16 Rutgers?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ies-aggressively-seeking-acc-move-source-says

Count me in the crowd that doesn't want 16 team conferences and I don't believe the ACC will add UConn until Notre Dame and Texas give thumbs down. Its smart on UConn's front, but I doubt the ACC adds them right away. Basically the Big East is becoming
images
Some may think me nuts, but I believe is ND is seriously considering the ACC offer for all sports. I believe Texas passes and hooks up with PAC or B1G. If it does happen, I think it makes for an interesting rivalry. Don't like the bastard Irish, but I'd welcome the opportunity to kick their overated asses on a regular basis. As far as UConn, bring them in, too, they're a good fit.

I guess I could live with UConn, but I am just tired of Rutgers and their talk. Especially if we could get ND on the schedule and they would actually have to visit the Dome. I would still like Kansas in the ACC though they are a top 5 basketball program and don't deserve the B12-BE leftover conference they would be a good 15 and UConn 16 and then you got UNC, Duke, SU, KU, UConn, UMD, Pitt all in 1 basketball conference.

images
please let us in! please please please? i think uconn will be in the ACC ultimately and probably pretty soon, but i think it would be fun if they had to sweat it out for a while.

Dont be surprised to see ND join the ACC. My gut tells me Big 10 but who knows. As to the ACC i would think that they will add Uconn and Rutgers if ND passes if not they may go with Rutgers to solidify the NY market however Uconn bball is tough to pass up. Could be interesting