Uconn Trolls SU and Karma bites them back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn Trolls SU and Karma bites them back

Four titles in 16 years, or whatever it is, makes UConn impervious to taunts. There's really no point in even trying. Being in the AAC is certainly a problem for them, but it wasn't all that problematic last year. We landed on our feet in the ACC and the future, if not the immediate present, is very bright. So, as the incredibly irritating song says, "Let it go. Let it go"

Preach! Basically nobody from NYC (for the most part) goes to UCONN. It's a state school filled with people from all over that old time New England territory. They take their 1-2 (sometimes more) hour long ride into Grand Central (either Metronorth or Amtrak!) when they play at MSG and then go back to New England. In no way shape or form is Uconn NYC's team. They've won 4 ships and I can't remember anyone rocking a UCONN Jersey in NYC that wasn't coming off at Grand Central to see them when they are playing at the Garden. Complete non-entity for NYC -- ask the ACC and Big10.
Exactly, you get it!

Well the original claim is a thinly(if at all?) veiled insult toward St John's and every other team in NY, and sometimes it's fun to mock those who are mocking others. It's clever and takes a bit of guts, so on that alone I tip my hat to it. I'm obviously not looking for likes on these posts, and even though I for a long time had an avatar of Otto beating down their mascot, I sometimes enjoy defending someone who is getting piled on. I had a large hospital bill once for doing it literally for some stranger who was a victim of what the news later reported was a gang initiation activity called "wilding". It was 2am and folks were coming out of bars, and the last thing I clearly recall for certain was a yuppie couple coming toward me telling me to "run!!!!" as their arms flailed somewhat in the air. I stood my ground and shook my head and tried to live by the Golden Rule. Sure this is a bit different, but at least I don't have to wake up the next day with an IV in my arm and a $3000 bill(the ambulance itself was $900+ and I recall whatever they charged for the hospital meal, even if i had been conscious to eat it, may have been the biggest ripoff of all, proportionately).

I'm not going to look down on folks for mocking UConn, but I hope they can understand where I'm coming from. I enjoyed the rivalry, and can see the pettiness coming from both directions. Even Otto changed his(?) tune.

uconn-syracuse.jpg

We need someone to use photoshop to make an angry Otto face!

CaptainJ said:
Well the original claim is a thinly(if at all?) veiled insult toward St John's and every other team in NY, and sometimes it's fun to mock those who are mocking others. It's clever and takes a bit of guts, so on that alone I tip my hat to it. I'm obviously not looking for likes on these posts, and even though I for a long time had an avatar of Otto beating down their mascot, I sometimes enjoy defending someone who is getting piled on. I had a large hospital bill once for doing it literally for some stranger who was a victim of what the news later reported was a gang initiation activity called "wilding". It was 2am and folks were coming out of bars, and the last thing I clearly recall for certain was a yuppie couple coming toward me telling me to "run!!!!" as their arms flailed somewhat in the air. I stood my ground and shook my head and tried to live by the Golden Rule. Sure this is a bit different, but at least I don't have to wake up the next day with an IV in my arm and a $3000 bill(the ambulance itself was $900+ and I recall whatever they charged for the hospital meal, even if i had been conscious to eat it, may have been the biggest ripoff of all, proportionately).

I'm not going to look down on folks for mocking UConn, but I hope they can understand where I'm coming from. I enjoyed the rivalry, and can see the pettiness coming from both directions. Even Otto changed his(?) tune.

I don't think "New York's College Team" is supposed to mock anyone. It's a fact that we're the only BCS/P5 in New York. I think the focus on NYC is too small and feel like we should engage statewide marketing campaign for all the various regions and cities. "North Country's College Team," etc.

I don't think "New York's College Team" is supposed to mock anyone. It's a fact that we're the only BCS/P5 in New York. I think the focus on NYC is too small and feel like we should engage statewide marketing campaign for all the various regions and cities. "North Country's College Team," etc.

Either way, St John's is the reigning title belt holder until we get a rematch.

I've never seen any UConn gear in NYC. The only time I've seen fans of theirs was during BET games.

uconn-syracuse.jpg
I know you're not looking for likes, but really good story. I had something similar sticking up for a best friend and although the ending had you injured, proud to know you bud.