Uconn/Yale | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn/Yale

Col. Bleep said:
You're right. As much as I like seeing this result, we should not take satisfaction in another team's misfortune...even a team as unlikable as UConn. Unless the other team is G-TOWN... I LOOOOOAAAATHE G-TOWN. The best thing that can be said about them is that they're despicable. And ACC or no ACC...the next best thing to an SU win remains a G-town loss. (I don't know what came over me...it had to come out) GO ORANGE!

Listen, I'm not saying don't root against anybody or anything like that, but the cheap shots are something's just so overdone and beyond petty.

I mean, if we're a "blue blood, selector school" that we claim we are, then shouldn't we be caring more about Duke, Louisville, and Virginia at this point? Seems more productive than team who just lost to Yale and is in the AAC.

I guess we can kick Uconn while they're down but at the end if the day they're the defending national champions and they're not in a power 5 conference. Either way we trash them we come out looking stupid.

My UConn friends talk trash all the time about SU. It's good to stay classy, but it's okay to have a little fun, too.

RF2044 said:
One of the dopiest sentiments consistently expressed on this board is that opinions posted here have some kind of impact on what happens on the court.

No no no no no no. That's not what I meant by that, what color underwear I'm wearing doesn't give any team luck or anything like that. You've read my posts before, while you may not agree with them I can imagine that you would probably agree that I'm not the kind of fan to have lucky socks or won't get off the john if we took the lead while I was sitting on it.

What I'm saying is, when/if something negative about is comes up in the future, we can't all sit around and bitch about what everybody else says about us, playing great victims like we do when things don't go our way.

We throw daggers just like fan bases throw at us. We just seem to be a little more shocked when people do it to us forgetting the times we trash them.

No no no no no no. That's not what I meant by that, what color underwear I'm wearing doesn't give any team luck or anything like that. You've read my posts before, while you may not agree with them I can imagine that you would probably agree that I'm not the kind of fan to have lucky socks or won't get off the john if we took the lead while I was sitting on it.

What I'm saying is, when/if something negative about is comes up in the future, we can't all sit around and bitch about what everybody else says about us, playing great victims like we do when things don't go our way.

We throw daggers just like fan bases throw at us. We just seem to be a little more shocked when people do it to us forgetting the times we trash them.

I think I took your post a little too literally. Sorry about that!

That would make you look silly for two reasons: it isn't true, and you didn't use the quotation marks correctly.
this is a message board,

"Uconn's run was a fluke last year, they were lucky, and soon enough they will be nothing"

Ouch, that's a bad loss. I hope we don't put one of those on the board in the next month.

We make fun of Uconn and academics, Fab Melo gets suspended then James Southerland the next season.

We make fun of Kentucky for cheating. SU is now under investigation, who knows what that sentence is.

We make fun of Uconn being in a crap league, losing to the likes of Houston, SMU, and some other crappy team I can't remember early while we're riding high at 25-0. We dump out early, Uconn wins the tournament against a team we ragged on all year about 40-0.

Yale beats Uconn, we gloat, we're happy, yet our team isn't exactly great and now were playing an in state opponent. Yale may be Conn.'s team this year, let's hope St John's isn't NYs team after tomorrow.

I know they're rivals and all, but I personally don't see any use or satisfaction at seeing somebody else's misfortune.
lighten up. Those schools you mentioned, they say bad stuff about us. It's all part of the same game. And UConn losing at home to Yale is a riot. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

Read the boneyard those tools constantly trash us...they got years of karma coming to their fan base

was Yale vs uconn part of the AAC/IVY League challenge?
I thought there was the patriot league Ivy challenge. I don't think the AAC could compete with those two leagues.

We can't make fun of Rutgers football (rivalry police over there) and now we can't rag on UCONN? What's next selling pies at the Walmart to benefit Georgetown?

Have fun. We lose to cupcakes too - everyone does. Karmas for sissies.

It's all okay.

UConn and Rutgers are our rivals.

But some seem to miss that.

gilardino said:
no interview for the joke of a coach Kevin Ollie at center court at the end of the game? ryan bouthwight missed the free throw as well. Post this on the uconn board, "It was a fluke last year, hello to being a nobody, joke of a program"

Please don't say this! They have four championships and it's far too early to count them out, even though they're having a meltdown on their board. I won't feel at ease till I see them either not make the NCAAs or lose there.

Bayside44 said:
Only with dozens of internet posters. There is a second class on campus now that will never know UConn. Couple of more years they will be a distant memory.

Hope they enjoy it.

I won't.

I thought there was the patriot league Ivy challenge. I don't think the AAC could compete with those two leagues.
No - a battle for Yankee Conference supremacy.

no interview for the joke of a coach Kevin Ollie at center court at the end of the game? ryan bouthwight missed the free throw as well.

Post this on the uconn board, "It was a fluke last year, hello to being a nobody, joke of a program"

If it was a fluke, I'm still thrilled with it :)

If it was a fluke, I'm still thrilled with it :)
Not for nothing because a national championship can never be taken away from you (well technically it could) but give Ollie lots of credit for last year. However the reason Boeheim has been so good for all of these years is that even with only one NC to his credit he still puts out a very competitive team every season. I just don't see that in Ollie and Yukon's future. Bottom line is that Yukon could still easily lose three more OOC games (Duke, Florida, Stanford) to give them 6 losses out of the gate. See how many Yukon fans will be loving Ollie then. You can only recruit so many great players with smoke and mirrors and then it comes down to breaking the rules. Look at UMass. What have they done since Calipari left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom