UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UConn

Unless they strike gold with their next hire, they are looking at perpetual 4-8 football seasons for the foreseeable future.

BC has a higher potential and ceiling, with the right hire.

Rutgers found a decent QB but they are in the basement of the B10 for the time being. They schedule so soft that they build in 3-4 wins a year, so that they only need to beat Indiana, Purdue, or Maryland for a bowl shot.

Franklin has PSU as a constant 8 win program ... Which may be enough to keep him there for a long while, unless the natives get restless and pull a Nebraska-Bo Pelini type move.

Narduzzi has Pitt , and they own us on and off the field the past decade. 7-9

Temple football has become a power . UCONN switched play callers and went to their true freshman QB to build for next season .

Unless they strike gold with their next hire, they are looking at perpetual 4-8 football seasons for the foreseeable future.

BC has a higher potential and ceiling, with the right hire.

Rutgers found a decent QB but they are in the basement of the B10 for the time being. They schedule so soft that they build in 3-4 wins a year, so that they only need to beat Indiana, Purdue, or Maryland for a bowl shot.

Franklin has PSU as a constant 8 win program ... Which may be enough to keep him there for a long while, unless the natives get restless and pull a Nebraska-Bo Pelini type move.

Narduzzi has Pitt , and they own us on and off the field the past decade. 7-9
Last chance for a Rutgirls win for the remainder of the season today. They play Indiana and I think they get smoked.

Temple football has become a power . UCONN switched play callers and went to their true freshman QB to build for next season .
Pretty sure Temple is not a power ... Beneficiary from horrible opposition

Pretty sure Temple is not a power ... Beneficiary from horrible opposition
They have a great coach and a lot of real nice athletes . They have put together a string of good seasons and should get to 9-3 this year . They played PSU tough on the road and had the Memphis game until a few bad plays late in the 2nd half . They are a power in the AAC .

Husky tears taste delicious!

It wasn't that long ago that some on this forum were wringing their hands over uconn hiring Diaco. As predicted, he's a disaster. Between this debacle and getting snubbed by the Big 12, they are staring down the barrel of irrelevancy.

Couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.

They have a great coach and a lot of real nice athletes . They have put together a string of good seasons and should get to 9-3 this year . They played PSU tough on the road and had the Memphis game until a few bad plays late in the 2nd half . They are a power in the AAC .
6-6
10-4 (lost last two to decent teams)
7-3, probably 9-3

Switch conferences and HCSS is still here, with a similar record

6-6
10-4 (lost last two to decent teams)
7-3, probably 9-3

Switch conferences and HCSS is still here, with a similar record
Home game for the AAC championship game and a bowl . Possible 11-3 . The southern bias college football media is so enthralled with Houston when Temple is in just as good a situation regarding recruiting . Alas , they won't be on our schedule for a long time .

Didnt this guy used to be a syracuse booster
The article said that "Burton's youngest son, Joe, played for Pasqualoni at Syracuse." He saw what happened towards the end of P's SU tenure.

Reading their board is like reading our board during last season. Only there's no Dino Babers waiting at the end of their saga. Probably just a kick to the junk.

ConnectiCuse said:
Having lived here for the past 17 years I can say that UConn fans deserve everything that they are currently experiencing and will experience in the future. They are among the most insufferable SOBs I've ever met.

I cried while reading this

I have no idea why you install a new OC on a short week and then burn a redshirt on a Frosh QB the same week.

Not just the same week, but with only 3 games to go on a 3-6 season.

That is just insane.

I think Bob Diaco can be a very, very good coach for the Huskies. They just need to give him 3 or 4 more years until he has his own players and the distractions of conference realignment are but a distant memory.

I think Bob Diaco can be a very, very good coach for the Huskies. They just need to give him 3 or 4 more years until he has his own players and the distractions of conference realignment are but a distant memory.

He should start with not making up rivalry games. :)

MaxwellCuse said:

Id be happy if they gave him a lifetime contract.

I have no idea why you install a new OC on a short week and then burn a redshirt on a Frosh QB the same week.

Not just the same week, but with only 3 games to go on a 3-6 season.

That is just insane.

Unless you're a huge program, not sure why anyone in UConn's position would take a chance on a "recruiter" from Notre Dame. I realize their options are limited, but being a good recruiter at Ohio State or Notre Dame doesn't impress me. Not sure who they could get, but I'd go for a fired P5 coach coming out of a tough situation but had success in the past. Maybe even Addazio, his recruiting would be the same and in the AAC it would be good enough to win.

Unless you're a huge program, not sure why anyone in UConn's position would take a chance on a "recruiter" from Notre Dame. I realize their options are limited, but being a good recruiter at Ohio State or Notre Dame doesn't impress me. Not sure who they could get, but I'd go for a fired P5 coach coming out of a tough situation but had success in the past. Maybe even Addazio, his recruiting would be the same and in the AAC it would be good enough to win.

I was going to suggest the MAC head coach path but then I realized that's probably a LATERAL move.

Oh sht...

NKR1978 said:

Schiano.

I was going to suggest the MAC head coach path but then I realized that's probably a LATERAL move.

Oh sht...

The good MAC coaches get P5 jobs. They're not going to do a stopover at another mid major.

I laugh at them because I hate them, but thank John Swofford and all that is good in the world for letting us in the ACC.

Not to pile on but it will take probably another 8 to 15 years for those Nickelodeon fans to have their anticipated impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom