UFC 140: JONES v. MACHIDA - SATURDAY 12/10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UFC 140: JONES v. MACHIDA - SATURDAY 12/10

I don't watch the sport, but he's already dominated Rampage this year. From what I understand, it's basically Evans, and then up to the heavyweight division.

That's basically it. But this Rashad Evans fight is no sure thing and it's going to be alot closer than people think.

Jones lost round 1 and looks lost in round 2. he could lose this.

EDIT: forget I said that. JBJ looks good

Rumor has it Jones won the first round on two of the judge's scorecard.

i cant believe people actually watch this as a sport..
you could say the same thing about football.

i'd rather have my kid be an mma guy than a football player. unless he's ends up like me, in which case he'll get a bowling ball and some golf clubs. jon jones will be probably be the healthiest of the jones brothers as an old man

Boxing is far worse then MMA. Other then the top fighters, most fighters fight many more times then an MMA fighter and the amount of punches to the head that a boxer takes in their lifetime doesn't even remotely compare to an MMA fighter.

I watched 3 fights. i saw Jones win in a choke hold and gash the guy with an elbow. great sport, its appeal seems to be more violence than other martial arts that dont get televised.

i saw a heavy weight win because he outweighed a better fighter and rolled over to break his arm.

boxing has gone down in appeal by 500% from the day of ali.and still its a much better sport to actually watch

this is like American Idol being popular now when its nothing more than Star Search being promoted more, its not even as good a show in format yet people are watching it for some reason.

MMA is a fad like WWE, but its cheap produce so someone can make money off promoting it..

i saw a heavy weight win because he outweighed a better fighter and rolled over to break his arm.

YEP! That's exactly what happened! A larger guy just rolled over one of the greatest BJJ heavyweights of all time because he outweighed him.

How outraged were you last week when Cotto almost permanently blinded Margarito? How about when James Harrison knocked the out of McCoy on thurs? Both were worse than anything you saw tonight.

WWE is the longest running fad in the history of the world - going on about 30 years or so. I'm sure if this qualifies as a fad like cabbage patch kids but I could be wrong. UFC has been around since the 90's and it's appeal has grown significantly in just the last 5 years, again I'm not sure this qualifies as a fad either.

WWE is the longest running fad in the history of the world - going on about 30 years or so. I'm sure if this qualifies as a fad like cabbage patch kids but I could be wrong. UFC has been around since the 90's and it's appeal has grown significantly in just the last 5 years, again I'm not sure this qualifies as a fad either.
I also don't see it as a fad. The fact that Fox Sports televised a recent fight nationally shows me that big-time broadcast entities are thinking of UFC as far more than a blip on the sports radar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom