Ugh, Big East trying to get a tie with the Orange Bowl. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ugh, Big East trying to get a tie with the Orange Bowl.

Btw, can we all agree that the BE's hopes of having a substantial OB tie-in died the moment that ND jumped to teh ACC and will thus nolonger negotiate jointly with the BE.

FWIW, I'm not saying there isn't some scenario where the Orange Bowl decides to have a rotation, at their discretion, of ND, Big East champs and Big 12/SEC/Big 10/Pac-12 #2s & #3s as the ACCs opponent.

But the desperation of those quotes is comical.

Absolutely! I think the bottom line is, if the Big East champ is a top 10 to top 15 type of team, they'll get consideration, but if I'm the Orange Bowl, I don't want to HAVE to take the Big East champ.

Absolutely! I think the bottom line is, if the Big East champ is a top 10 to top 15 type of team, they'll get consideration, but if I'm the Orange Bowl, I don't want to HAVE to take the Big East champ.
There just arn't that many BIG EAST teams with sizeable fan bases. Bowls like ratings/and fans.

-- says nobody ever

Except the computers.

They show that if you add Pitt and SU to the ACC and add Boise, SDSU, SMU, UCF, Houston & Memphis to the BE, the BE is overall stronger.

The Big East is dead, no way the Orange Bowl will take them.

Except the computers.

They show that if you add Pitt and SU to the ACC and add Boise, SDSU, SMU, UCF, Houston & Memphis to the BE, the BE is overall stronger.

Well I'm thrilled you're happy in the Big East. I'm happy you're there too. But I bet your Prez and AD aren't. You just keep slopping the lipstick on that pig, Husky. Greener pastures over here.