Ugly- simply a poorly played game but a win | Syracusefan.com

Ugly- simply a poorly played game but a win

CaliCuse

All American
You ca bottom-line a win all you want it was a terrible exhibition against a lower division school who played well. We had a minimum expression of a running game. Passing was fine except for some questionable O-line protection for Nassib. How this plays out here next week is a huge question for Doug and the team to think about.:noidea:

Good post. I feel like enthusiasm for USC has waned a little, but nevertheless, I feel compelled at how this team rebounds after this game. I think the team could have been a little emotionally exhausted after the Wake Forest game and that may have taken their enthusiasm from this one. Team came out firing and finished that way, but the mid-game was definitely lacking. I think this team may lack focus most of all.

You ca bottom-line a win all you want it was a terrible exhibition against a lower division school who played well. We had a minimum expression of a running game. Passing was fine except for some questionable O-line protection for Nassib. How this plays out here next week is a huge question for Doug and the team to think about.:noidea:
Thing is, this game is the classic "overlook for the next opponent" game. It was a sloppy win but it's better than a sloppy loss. The team was flat, didn't adjust well, and appeared disjointed for the most part. But again, a W is a W. By the way some of this board sounds, you'd think we were 0-2. Last I checked, we're 1/3 of the way towards being bowl eligible.

Yeah, not saying this team is without flaws, but consider the alternative. We could easily be 1-1 or 0-2. Let's be happy that we are a third of the way to a bowl.

Let's also not pretend that our competition is elite. Rutgers averaged a few inches per carry and still lost despite being +5 in turnovers, Pitt struggled with Maine, WVU struggled for a time. USC could be a blowout(not unexpected), no doubt, but when we get to Big East, I'm not sure a ton of these teams are all that scary. To act like the season is down the drain because we struggled while beating URI is silly.

Thing is, this game is the classic "overlook for the next opponent" game. It was a sloppy win but it's better than a sloppy loss. The team was flat, didn't adjust well, and appeared disjointed for the most part. But again, a W is a W. By the way some of this board sounds, you'd think we were 0-2. Last I checked, we're 1/3 of the way towards being bowl eligible.
OK so everything is AOK. I'll be at the LA game with this in mind. I probably shouldn't record the game giving us a better chance of pulling out a miracle against the sun gods of CA.:bat:

OK so everything is AOK. I'll be at the LA game with this in mind. I probably shouldn't record the game giving us a better chance of pulling out a miracle against the sun gods of CA.:bat:

Never said everything is A OK. But it's the first week of September with a team that has 7 new starters on defense and is still overcoming depth issues from the change in coaching staff. To think we'd be firing on all cylinders is foolish. We may lose to USC, but it won't be a blowout. Book it.

Never said everything is A OK. But it's the first week of September with a team that has 7 new starters on defense and is still overcoming depth issues from the change in coaching staff. To think we'd be firing on all cylinders is foolish. We may lose to USC, but it won't be a blowout. Book it.
I agree it shouldn't be a blow out. Especially if this team has the same spirit as last year's contingent in away games. I would more the love to see a historic event out here this coming Saturday. We are so due to win out here in West Coast.;)

If throwing the ball is what we do well then throw it 60 times a game. Running game be damned.

I heard a guy when we were leaving the Dome say it was like hooking up with an ugly girl and she tells you she missed her you know what and you take the preg test and you are in the clear. Whew!!!!

SU has lots to work on and it's going to be a season long process and that's what you get with a young team that doesn't have a lot of depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom