Uh oh, Little Brother is not happy that Syracuse is winning | Syracusefan.com

Uh oh, Little Brother is not happy that Syracuse is winning

Who in the world is this "djct1999" idiot?

"Who have they played? Its your typical Boeheim team...an inflated record, playing a weak ooc, always at home, that then loses in the 2nd round of the ncaa. This team's best player is a freshmen and has no go to scorer. The last few games, they have barely touched 60 vs weak acc teams...and yes, unc right now is a weak acc team. On a neutral floor, Arizona would beat Syracuse by 15. Hell, I think Duke does."

OMFG, this might stand up all year as the most ret*rded post of 2014.

Who in the world is this "djct1999" idiot?

"Who have they played? Its your typical Boeheim team...an inflated record, playing a weak ooc, always at home, that then loses in the 2nd round of the ncaa. This team's best player is a freshmen and has no go to scorer. The last few games, they have barely touched 60 vs weak acc teams...and yes, unc right now is a weak acc team. On a neutral floor, Arizona would beat Syracuse by 15. Hell, I think Duke does."

OMFG, this might stand up all year as the most ret*rded post of 2014.

It's gotta suck to be a UConn fan, you've got two things to talk about right now:

1) How bad UConn is, and breaking down losses to SMU and debating what seed they'll be in the NIT.
2) Talking about how terrible Syracuse is in spite of our record, and speculating on the teams that would hypothetically beat us (since there are no actual losses to gloat about).

The thing is, they don't realize how bad they really are. They just beat harvard at home by 5. And Harvard was missing their leading scorer. They beat B.C. by 2 at home. They beat Indiana, yes the same Indiana we beat by 17, by 2. They beat maryland by 2. The same Maryland that lost at home to Boston University. Football, it never was. Basketball, it has been over for at least 6 years. Yeah, I know they had the great run in the NCAA with Kemba, but that was still a .500 league team. I do admire their pluck however.

One can get pretty cocky after beating UCF at home.
yesterday we played North Carolina in front of 32,000. Yesterday they played UCF in a glorified high school gym. Game set match. That is where we are today. Oh, and that weekend when we play before a record crowd on gameday against Duke, they play Houston on something called the cbs sports network

Have to love the comments about the NCAA tournament.

2013: SU lost in the Final Four, UConn was obviously not in the tournament
2012: SU lost in the Elite Eight (thanks, Fab), UConn lost in the first round
2011: SU lost in the second round, UConn won the title (fair enough)
2010: SU lost in the Sweet Sixteen (thanks, AO's injury), UConn didn't make the tournament
2009: SU lost in the Sweet Sixteen, UConn lost in the Final Four

I give them credit, they won a title (albeit the ugliest championship game I've ever seen, but a title is a title) and made another Final Four. They also missed the tournament twice, once as a punishment and the other just because they sucked.

We've had two Sweet Sixteens, an Elite Eight, and a Final Four appearance in that same timeframe. So to try to hold our tourney resume against us is a little absurd. Would I trade all of those for a championship? Of course. But it's not like we've been exactly bad, especially considering two of our years were derailed by critical roster losses just before the tournament started. I think we all believe we'd have won the title in 2010 had it not been for AO's injury. I don't think we would have beaten Kentucky in 2012, but we would have been probably the only team that could have challenged them.

It is insulting to call that program "little brother", or even a "step-brother" to ours - these descriptors insinuate that they have some familial relationship to the SU Program and is not remotely accurate. They are more like the little twerp down the street with no friends but constantly shows up when you are around so they can play with the big boys.

Incidentally, I really don't hate their players or coaches, but their fan base and administration just really rubs me the wrong way - really dislike that fanbase.

I saw one thread title, that said Bramah was a mix of Okafor and Thabeet. LOL.

Just take a brief moment to reflect upon the change in direction the Connecticut program has made in the past 2 years.
See? No wonder they bristle at the thought of our present and future looking so incredibly bright. Our success is the very fodder for their acerbic and vituperative vitriol. (By using those 3 words I can be assured that nobody from the Boneyard will understand this post.) The more pointed and hateful their attacks on our program, the more you can be assured that Syracuse as a program is succeeding wildly.

It is insulting to call that program "little brother", or even a "step-brother" to ours - these descriptors insinuate that they have some familial relationship to the SU Program and is not remotely accurate. They are more like the little twerp down the street with no friends but constantly shows up when you are around so they can play with the big boys.

Incidentally, I really don't hate their players or coaches, but their fan base and administration just really rubs me the wrong way - really dislike that fanbase.

As to your first point, in a way we (along with Georgetown and St. John's) took the pathetic little neighborhood kid from down the street and made them our little brother when Gavitt (Providence) wanted them in the new Big East. And then us, the Hoyas, and the Johnnies (along with Nova) built up the brand name of the league in the 80s that allowed full brother status from that point until messy divorces.

As for your last point, I whole-heartedly agree. I do have great respect for what their Athletic Department was able to accomplish over the past quarter of a century in multiple sports across the board. But that is one sad, sad, fanbase to the point where I don't think they will ever be rational.

Cheers,
Neil

"
I absolutely love all the criticism that this team is getting right now. "Fringe" tourney team, C-USA team, no big men on the team... You get the point. That is when we are best, with or backs against the f* wall. With two wins next week we are on the way to shocking people like we did in 2011.
I'm more than 10 toes in, I love this team. 99,04,11,14 has a s e xy ring to it. No pun intended when bazz has two bling pieces at graduation."

One can not understate how big of a win UCF is when determining your chances at a FF. Especially after coming off a 5pt win against Harvard (without their leading scorer) and getting swept by SMU and Houston.

"
I absolutely love all the criticism that this team is getting right now. "Fringe" tourney team, C-USA team, no big men on the team... You get the point. That is when we are best, with or backs against the f* wall. With two wins next week we are on the way to shocking people like we did in 2011.
I'm more than 10 toes in, I love this team. 99,04,11,14 has a s e xy ring to it. No pun intended when bazz has two bling pieces at graduation."

One can not understate how big of a win UCF is when determining your chances at a FF. Especially after coming off a 5pt win against Harvard (without their leading scorer) and getting swept by SMU and Houston.
you ruin everything, you know that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom