UK Attendance Shenanigans | Syracusefan.com

UK Attendance Shenanigans

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Every program manipulates the numbers. SU counts tix used or distributed and also media types...UK goes a step further and counts concession workers and anyone else breathing and then they sprinkle on magic blue fairy dust to increase it even more.

No way did they outdraw us last year...good news is we are blowing their doors off this year...we need to finish strong.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/08/3076712/uk-basketball-notebook-how-kentucky.html

2012-13 attendance

Rank School G Attendance Average
1. Kentucky ...... 18 426,978 23,721
2. Syracuse ...... 19 448,736 23,618

It would be really interesting if everyone just counted fans..I bet our average drops by 3k.

Last edited:
I will be doing my part on Saturday at the NC State game. LGO!!!!!

There is absolutely no way that we had 25,900 in the dome last night.

If they are sprinkling blue fairy dust, we are sprinkling orange magic dust as well.

If they are sprinkling blue fairy dust, we are sprinkling orange magic dust as well.
Reporting tickets sold is a common practice.

I mentioned in the OP we did the same thing...UK takes it a step further though.

It boggles my mind that there isn't a set standard for tracking attendance. I always assumed that everyone tracked attendance the same way we did.

30,000 every night

LGO

exactly. whats the difference b/w what they do and what we do?
I don't think it's a big deal either way, but I do think its funny counting people who are paid to be there, and would probably get fired if they were caught watching more than 5 minutes of the actual game.

Kentucky basketball's outsized popularity is undeniable. Big crowds braving ice and snow to get to several home games this season, not to mention the tornado watch the night UK played Eastern Michigan, suggested that fan devotion remains undimmed.

HAHAHA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom