UK Fans / you have to read these comments | Syracusefan.com

UK Fans / you have to read these comments

Flacusian

All Conference
If you really want a chuckle read the comments in this ESPN video where Bob Ryan proposes that Syracuse is the #1 team in the nation. The Kentucky fans go completely apoplectic and you just have to read it to believe it. Kentucky has had some close games with some mediocre teams as well and they could be shocked in the tournament just like anyone else. I like our chances as much as I like theirs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...1/video-syracuse-the-best-team-in-the-country

Maybe its just me but their team 2 years ago was better by a good margain, they can get knocked off early just like we can, their fans just dont realize that

Yikes. But its probably about 8 or 9 twelve year olds doing all the talking over there. No biggy.

I really want to have a coherent talk with them, but havent seen any, and I dont want to get into an argument with them...would just be a waste of my time.

DELIVERED:

Kentucky has a ton of raw talent, but let's face it, they are mostly underclassmen. Freshmen players are generally weaker & haven't had the development time of a veteran player.

Syracuse has a talented, experienced squad who is more physically & mentally strong than Kentucky right now. It's nothing personal or biased, but this is a fact.

Yes, The Mildcats are capable of beating Syracuse if they play an exceptional game, but you have to give the slight edge to the ORANGE in this matchup.

Without a doubt Kentucky is the most insecure, defensive and delusional fan base in college basketball and it's not even close.

You've apparently never read this forum on a day when someone from ESPN makes a remark about 'Cuse that doesn't blow smoke up our asses.

Without a doubt Kentucky is the most insecure, defensive and delusional fan base in college basketball and it's not even close.
They know they sold their soul to the Devil when they brought Calipari in. They know he's getting it done "Blue Chips" style, so they're very sensitive to any criticism.

A fanbase going insane about something in the media? Never heard of that.
Ok clarification...I meant that everyone has UK #1 except for Lundardi and Ryan...and they have crucified Lundardi already and are now going at Ryan...Whenever they dont get what they want they throw a fit...not saying we dont, but we are not like them...in any way.

Goodman insults Michael Kidd-Gilchrist:

After a hard fought 83-74 victory over Vanderbilt, Kentucky Freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shook things up a bit in the press conference by saying, "I'm graduating here. I'm not going nowhere. I'm staying at Kentucky. I'm dead serious. I don't know why y'all laughing."

This immediately created a buzz in the world of Twitter. I would say the majority of the buzz was excitement from the Kentucky fan base. Most comments from the National Media were to the effect of- Well maybe, but I would'nt count on it. That's fair, but leave it to our dear old friend (sarcasm) Jeff Goodman (CBS) to spin it in a different direction. Goodman Tweeted, "Heard Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said he's coming back for another year. Who knows. He'll likely do whatever Worldwide Wes tell him to do." This was taken as insulting to the Kentucky fans and apparently the Gilchrist family as well. Michael's mother Cynthia Tweeted, "@goodmancbs The fact is Michael has parents that make decisions for him. I know because I'm his mother."

http://fanvsfan.com/articles/should-national-writers-be-held-accountable

Goodman insults Michael Kidd-Gilchrist:

After a hard fought 83-74 victory over Vanderbilt, Kentucky Freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shook things up a bit in the press conference by saying, "I'm graduating here. I'm not going nowhere. I'm staying at Kentucky. I'm dead serious. I don't know why y'all laughing."

This immediately created a buzz in the world of Twitter. I would say the majority of the buzz was excitement from the Kentucky fan base. Most comments from the National Media were to the effect of- Well maybe, but I would'nt count on it. That's fair, but leave it to our dear old friend (sarcasm) Jeff Goodman (CBS) to spin it in a different direction. Goodman Tweeted, "Heard Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said he's coming back for another year. Who knows. He'll likely do whatever Worldwide Wes tell him to do." This was taken as insulting to the Kentucky fans and apparently the Gilchrist family as well. Michael's mother Cynthia Tweeted, "@goodmancbs The fact is Michael has parents that make decisions for him. I know because I'm his mother."

http://fanvsfan.com/articles/should-national-writers-be-held-accountable
I have no doubt MKG will graduate from Kentucky....probably around the year 2049.

Lol your mom comes in to say "I call the shots in his life!"

I have a better chance of being the opening day starter for the Yankees than he does staying 4 years at Kentucky. He only signed a one year $100,000 contract anyways so they would have to renegotiate if he does stay.

My favorite from the thread. I'm not sure which is worse, that Boston = Syracuse ("dem Northerners may not still be fightin' the 'War of Northern Aggression,' but fiddlesticks we still are!") or that 4 fans "liked" this post.

bigblueslick
not a shocking announcement. bob ryan is a homer, d o u c h e b a g. take off the orange goggles and take a hard look at reality. in april these uk haters will be looking for bridges and I will be too, so I can watch them jump.
4 fans like this.

If you really want a chuckle read the comments in this ESPN video where Bob Ryan proposes that Syracuse is the #1 team in the nation. The Kentucky fans go completely apoplectic and you just have to read it to believe it. Kentucky has had some close games with some mediocre teams as well and they could be shocked in the tournament just like anyone else. I like our chances as much as I like theirs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...1/video-syracuse-the-best-team-in-the-country

What "mediocre" teams has UK played close? UK has the highest scoring margin in the nation by about 2 points.

Maybe its just me but their team 2 years ago was better by a good margain, they can get knocked off early just like we can, their fans just dont realize that

It is just you. This team is MUCH more balanced. That team was playing with 2 PGs, 2 Cs and another player that was a center until forced to move to PF when Cousins and Orton came in. Our wings were mediocre so our best 5 players basically played 2 positions but 4 were on the floor at the same time.

That team shot nearly 5% worse from beyond the arc (Our best outside shooter was a PF) and turned the ball over 3 more times per game than this team. They also averaged 2 fewer blocks per game and shot FTs at an ASTOUNDING 6% worse percentage.

On defense, this year's team is giving up 6 fewer points per game and fouling at a much lower rate, allowing opponents to the line on average of 3 fewer times per game. Also, allowing fewer rebounds.

Can this year's team lose? Sure. But we have FAR fewer flaws than the team 2 years ago when evaluating top to bottom as a college team...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom