@UK Greatest recruiting class my as@ | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

@UK Greatest recruiting class my as@

I don't hate the guy, hate is too strong a word. I do however disrespect him due to the mockery he has made of the term "Student Athlete". I realize other coaches are not perfect but at least most of them have the students best interests in mind. There is no doubt in my mind that Cal could care less about the "kids" but builds a tsunami of "caring" that rivals a "Heavy Hitters" commercial. To sell a universities reputation by blatantly promoting the one & done philosophy is criminal.

I don't hate the guy, hate is too strong a word. I do however disrespect him due to the mockery he has made of the term "Student Athlete". I realize other coaches are not perfect but at least most of them have the students best interests in mind. There is no doubt in my mind that Cal could care less about the "kids" but builds a tsunami of "caring" that rivals a "Heavy Hitters" commercial. To sell a universities reputation by blatantly promoting the one & done philosophy is criminal.
Don't blame the player, blame the game. The NBA made the rules. Cal is exploiting them.

If those kids want to take the pay day than that is on them and they aren't ethically sound people who I would want playing on a team I root for. .
Are you sure no one on your favorite team is getting extra benefits, rendering them ethically unsound?
He is a good enough guy that he is able to call JB for advice on the zone.

Nobody knows this, and Noel said that Gtown was his #2. Not defending them but hating them for winning a recruiting battle is petty.
People do know this. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

Are you sure no one on your favorite team is getting extra benefits, rendering them ethically unsound?
He is a good enough guy that he is able to call JB for advice on the zone.
First off I don't even know what the second part of that means...if you ain't cheating then you ain't trying right?? Wish we could get a few more best players money could buy if we are paying players tho.

Don't blame the player, blame the game. The NBA made the rules. Cal is exploiting them.
Exploiting them all the way to 3 year million dollar contracts as first round picks. I'd take that all day.

First off I don't even know what the second part of that means...if you ain't cheating then you ain't trying right?? Wish we could get a few more best players money could buy if we are paying players tho.
It means how many super bowls do the eagles have?

It means how many super bowls do the eagles have?
I barely watch football...more of a golf and basketball guy. Once Donovan left and Dawkins I could care less about the eagles. I'll have to change my handle I guess.

That's always funny tho...how many Super Bowls and sht...like I had any control over them losing or winning. That never affected me when I cared if they lost or won.

You can separate the people who follow college basketball in general and those who just follow SU by their answer to the question "do you think Calipari is a good coach?"

Frankly I'm not even sure he cheats that much; at this point why would he have to?

Two things about Kentucky & Cal.

The development of some players...like the Harrison twins...may be held back BECAUSE of all the talent around them.

Also...Cal is not the best game coach. Remember the 2008 finals? Arguably, after Memphis missed all those foul shots down the stretch, it was Cal who cost his team the game in the last 5 seconds by not ordering a foul before Kansas could get off a game-tying 3.

And, by the way, if Hak hadn't made his block in '03, some of us might be saying something similar about Jim Boeheim.

Exploiting them all the way to 3 year million dollar contracts as first round picks. I'd take that all day.
I meant exploiting the rules, not the players. Sorry if it was confusing.

You can separate the people who follow college basketball in general and those who just follow SU by their answer to the question "do you think Calipari is a good coach?"'

Frankly I'm not even sure he cheats that much; at this point why would he have to?

You can also separate the people who've objectively paid attention to college basketball and those who have their heads buried in the sand by their answer to the question "do you think Calipari cheats?"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom