Uk/unc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uk/unc

NC scares me. They are playing very well. But credit to Kentucky for not folding there. Longest 50 seconds I have ever seen.

Doesn't it happen every year with them.

Sort of, since our sports culture has morphed into one primarily driven by hype.

But they were an NIT team last season--one that got embarrassed in the FIRST ROUND of the NIT, at that. And they lost a few of the best players off of that team. So despite the incoming class, I think it was odd that they were #1, given that none of them had played a second of college ball.

The season is young, and they might still gel, but as of right now the sum of the team is less than the individual parts.

If you think UNC looks good now, wait until Royboy thinks the NCAA won't come after Hairston and brings him back.

Randle acted like he didn't want to be there today. Kentucky is going to self-destruct this year. You can see it on their faces. They don't enjoy playing with each other. Do you think Dakari Johnson has any regrets?

A basketball team without any "team" is just a basketball. <<that's mine, if no one has thought of it, I am filing a patent!>>

UNC with Hairston could be the best team in the country when March rolls around. At this point, they're not perfect by any means, but they play really hard. I'm not a huge fan of Roy, but his coaching so far this season is really impressive given how one dimensional his team is.

LOL...at some point maybe the preseason number one team should beat a ranked team.

I really hated the idea of annoiting a team of players that never saw a minute of college competion best in the country.

Maybe the media hype machine will learn something and be a little less self assured handing accolades to a group of unproven kids?

UNC with Hairston could be the best team in the country when March rolls around. At this point, they're not perfect by any means, but they play really hard. I'm not a huge fan of Roy, but his coaching so far this season is really impressive given how one dimensional his team is.
Agree with you NKR. We have a fine pair of guards in Cooney and Ennis. But UNC with Paige and Hairston is a whole other level.

(correction):

i may have misspoke above when i said "owned" clearly cal's only leasing. but it's still sitting in the driveway.

Last edited:
LOL...at some point maybe the preseason number one team should beat a ranked team.

I really hated the idea of annoiting a team of players that never saw a minute of college competion best in the country.

I LOVED it because it epitomizes the fallacy of the hype that is Kentucky basketball. Although they did win a National Championship with one group of uber studs, the model is unsustainable and is problematic at the very foundation of the concept. The 40-0 T shirts and the losses piling up just make it all so much sweeter.

I LOVED it because it epitomizes the fallacy of the hype that is Kentucky basketball. Although they did win a National Championship with one group of uber studs, the model is unsustainable and is problematic at the very foundation of the concept. The 40-0 T shirts and the losses piling up just make it all so much sweeter.

Darius Miller and the NBA lockout were a HUGE reason for that 2012 title.

Darius Miller and the NBA lockout were a HUGE reason for that 2012 title.

At least we now know what it will take for UK to win their next title. When is the next NBA lockout scheduled?

40 - 0 ROFL!!!

Bring on the UNC best team talk if only Hairston comes back! Lol

Is it just me or is UK totally overrated?
Kentucky would not have scored in this game if UNC ever played defense. They just let UK players drive to the hoop almost uncontested.

From want I saw it looked like two average teams with no defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom