UMass 82 BC 46 | Syracusefan.com

UMass 82 BC 46

How does DeFilippo have a job after firing Skinner and Jagz?

This performance fol
How does DeFilippo have a job after firing Skinner and Jagz?

This following a 22 point loss to Holy Cross the game before. One would think the seat has got to be hot for Gene D. in Chestnut Hill

downhill since moving to acc, ...both sports

Except for those two years when they were in the ACCCG. BC's football was the best it had ever been its first few years in the conference, and if they weren't stupid they might still be pretty good. I'm not complaining, their failure can't be bad for us.

I'd rather see BC be at least reputable in basketball. At this point, we're not fighting in just the Northeast for recruits as is the focus for football. We can go anywhere to pluck talent and are an elite program. I hope their football rots in the college football purgatory that is Boston.

Brandon Reese could start there.

Except for those two years when they were in the ACCCG. BC's football was the best it had ever been its first few years in the conference, and if they weren't stupid they might still be pretty good. I'm not complaining, their failure can't be bad for us.
If they didn't fire their head coach for looking into an NFL job, maybe they'd still be good. I love that they are the whipping boy in hoops. I've hated BC since I was born.

In front of 4k strong at the Conte Forum. I looked at the box score and don't recognize one name...not one. I wonder if they go winless in the league?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313250103
They hired Steve Donahue in April of 2010. SU fans will remember Steve as the former head coach at Cornell, where he did a terrific job making the Big Red competitive again in college hoops.

Link

I think one of the biggest screwups of many by the heads of the big east is not going after UMass once BC left.

LMFAO at that joke program. The only Big East charter member to never make a Final 4 while in the Big East (well in their case, ever). Decades from now, BC will still hold the record for most last place finishes in the history of the Big East conference (with 7).

I think one of the biggest screwups of many by the heads of the big east is not going after UMass once BC left.

Well that's not because of BC as much as it's because of Uconn and probably Syracuse. If you put Umass into the big east the squeeze on our recruiting would be felt with Umass only 150 miles away. I agree that it makes sense program wise.

Well that's not because of BC as much as it's because of Uconn and probably Syracuse. If you put Umass into the big east the squeeze on our recruiting would be felt with Umass only 150 miles away. I agree that it makes sense program wise.

You're probably right. Ironically this type of thinking may have kept UConn out of the ACC so I guess what comes around kind of goes around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom