UNC Fan Petition To Overturn The National Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Fan Petition To Overturn The National Championship

IMO Higgins is without a doubt an NCAA hitman. If they want someone out of a big tourney game he winds up doing their game and blowing his whistle all night from anywhere on the court.

He's the Dick Bavetta of college basketball.

I think you're missing the bigger picture. Teams like Pitt, Louisville, Villanova, Butler, etc, make their living on bumping, grabbing, reaching in on the opponents. It's done by design to give them the advantage and put the refs in a position where they have to decide what they are going to call or let go. Pitino has admitted openly that they play like this because the refs can't, and won't, call everything, and over the course of game they will gain an advantage.

The reason I wanted they arena to cave in Monday night is because you'd either have a clutch and grab group of players win or a school that openly cheated for over two decades carry home another trophy.

Again, it's nice to see Jay get a ring, but that group of players reminded me of a better scoring Butler team. Arachnid and Ochefu can't be off campus fast enough. And what's sad is that the venom I show for those guys should probably be directed more at the BE officials who allowed them to physically abuse our guys down the stretch to get the win.

Nova were the darlings of this tourney, and the refs gave them the Duke treatment.
The first team to use this strategy was Georgetown under big John Thompson. They hand checked, pushed, shoved, grabbed, and hip checked all game. They knew they could commit 200 fouls and the refs would only call 20 of them. Other teams are doing it now as you cite.

image.jpeg
Have no fear we beat them 4 of 5 during this time after they won the chip and thought they was the ...

I am starting a petition to have the 1987 Final overturned.

Just because.
Add to that the 77-78 team where Marty Byrnes won the game, and they took pts off the board to instead have Marty shoot a one-and-one which of course he missed.

Nova takes pride in that kind of play. They call it their "murder" defense. The officiating at the end of the game you reference above was mind boggling. In addition to the undercut, Cooney was clotheslined and laid out on a key inbound. No call. Hilliard took a swing at Silent G during a stoppage. No call. Cahill was looking right at all of these plays. Complete screw job.

12150693-mmmain_zpsmfnkbzvs.jpg
Ochefu was literally the bull in the china shop that game.

Ochefu was literally the bull in the china shop that game.

I think it was 10-11 the senior rick jackson year at nova if not 11-12.
17 bad foul calls against us. 17 that were not a foul, played them all in slow motion. With my blood boiling we still won the game. Never minded nova though. 92% of the time a fun out despite all the bad calls.

Wright plays the same style as Pitino. Shoot the 3. Play multiple defenses. Hack away.

The fan is not incorrect from what I witnessed. Obviously it will never happen. The worst call of the game in my opinion was when UNC had Hart very well defended near the end of the game. Nova was up 1 and Hart basically jumped into the defender after pivoting 3 times and was rewarded with FT's. That gave Nova a 3pt lead.
Below is my sympathy level for UNC (with credit to RF). But I get the frustration. This has been Nova's MO for the last 2 decades: their mighty mite guards run down the floor, bang into a big with his hands in the air and TWEET ... whistle, free throws ... rinse/repeat.

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen this posted and thought it kind of fun. It's a change.org petition to overturn the national championship due to poor officiating.

Link

The text of the petition:

"This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end. It was a one sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game not who played better."

3205 signers to this point.

LOL!!!!

It would be interesting to see if this process could ever play out. SU could have used an appeal a couple of times in the past decade.

Last edited:
Madbiker said:
The first team to use this strategy was Georgetown under big John Thompson. They hand checked, pushed, shoved, grabbed, and hip checked all game. They knew they could commit 200 fouls and the refs would only call 20 of them. Other teams are doing it now as you cite.
And if the refs called too many fouls, he would pul his team off the court.

I've thought about it and I think we should support the petition.

Once they overturn the NC and give it Carolina, we can then petition to have our game against them overturned.

BOOM! National Championship.

Sort of how this will work:

I've thought about it and I think we should support the petition.

Once they overturn the NC and give it Carolina, we can then petition to have our game against them overturned.

BOOM! National Championship.

Sort of how this will work:

This is how I got my current job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors