Sean Lewis
Kevin Flood
Chadwell
Ruggiero
Marrone
Muschamp
Jim Knowles
Brian Hartline
None of them would come to SU. Lewis already knows you can’t recruit top talent to SU.

I'm not. 7 wins when 4 of them are against absolutely garbage teams? 7 wins means a 3-5 ACC record. You're ok with that? A bowl game means nothing if all of our wins are against bottom dwellers ans FCS comp
Just think in two years two of our non conference teams are Tennessee and ND. We aren’t winning four ACC games.

My thoughts after this debacle are that Clemson, UNC and FSU are leaving the ACC and SU will be more competitive in a watered down ACC, might even win 5 ACC games or more a few times more than the once in 11 years.

Hopefully the group of 3 take their refs with them.

Last edited:
None of them would come to SU. Lewis already knows you can’t recruit top talent to SU.
We’ve proven after eight years we can’t get an offensive line to protect the quarterback.
The current coaching staff has proved a a lot, about themselves. Many quality coaches would be interested for 3-5 mil.

Last edited:
We’ve proven after eight years we can’t get an offensive line to protect the quarterback.
This is so true. The Oline was a worry before the season and that proved to be true. NC's D wasn't that good and we got manhandled by a so-so D. Playing from behind all the time doesn’t help. There is no respect for our receiving corp or passing game so that makes it even harder for the Oline as the box is stacked. This problem never gets solved.

I’m curious to know which ACC programs we have winning records against since joining the league in 2013.

I’m guessing BC, and that’s the only one I’m confident about.

Wake and Louisville are probably close? NC State sort of close?

GT might be 1-1? Virginia?

I’m curious to know which ACC programs we have winning records against since joining the league in 2013.

I’m guessing BC, and that’s the only one I’m confident about.

Wake and Louisville are probably close? NC State sort of close?

GT might be 1-1? Virginia?
3-13 all time against NC State. In the ACC 3-7.

3-13 all time against NC State. In the ACC 3-7.
Yeah, I remembered 3 wins. Thought maybe there was 1 I was forgetting and maybe it was actually 4-6, which would be close.

Guess not.

Spend NIL money on the lines...both of them. And one thing I hate seeing is players smiling and laughing on the sideline when they're getting blown out by 30 (at the time)
Dino ended his postgame presser by having a bit of a laugh himself. Head scratcher

Dino is a below average coach and can’t recruit well enough to ever compete with the top dogs in the ACC. Heck, they can barely compete with most teams in conference (18-41) This program will never be in the mix for an ACC title with him running the show.

They need to hire a big time coach who can recruit. I mean there has to be somebody out there that can bring more talent and at least have a shot at ACC title every few years? No?
What other program would tolerate 18-41 record???

Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Kansas…football schools, so we definitely can’t expect to be as good as them…everything’s fine.

What other program would tolerate 18-41 record???

I used to be a “throw out the 2016-17 records because he was new and we were rebuilding from a horrible period”.

But if you throw those years out, you throw out two of the best wins he’s had in VT and Clemson, and some of our more exciting play in terms of going uptempo, throwing the ball around, putting up points, and competing well at LSU, Miami, FSU, etc.

2016-18 there was a lot of hope and promise.

2019-now has been one big pile of suck, with a lot of boring football and pathetic, punchless blowouts like yesterday….with 2 months of good football(last year) thrown in.

He was too small to be a feature back right? Tucker only got a chance due to injury right? Interesting staff assessments.
Yeah exactly. If injuries didn’t happen Tucker remained buried on roster

I don’t have the heart to read through this thread but all I will say is.. this is YEAR 8 of Dino and it looks REAL BAD. We should be competitive in year EIGHT.
Just makes me think about last year's bad call against Clemson which ultimately cost that game. I imagine ifvwe pull that game out, the whole season isn't such a major downer, and maybe folks like Chestnut stay.

Wouldn't change the UNC outcome, but perhaps we beat Clemson 2 years in a row. With that there's some hope.

Just not feeling good about anything right now. Dino will be here bc SU cannot afford to fire him.

Need a coach with some guts. That punt was ridiculous. Cannot stand the soft coverage at corner either.

I don't think Doug Marrone wants the job, but IMO SU should pursue him. The only time since P was fired that it sort of felt like we were getting back to those days you could count on the team playing soundly was 2012 under Marrone. Also was the only period we had a functioning offensive line (Ok I'll give you 2018 on that). The facilities, league & TV schedule, recruiting infrastructure, and budget for assistant salaries have all been made over since the time Marrone was here. It will be really hard to find a top 5% coach, but that's what is needed to be successful at SU.

If a coach is winning at Kansas, surely he will have his sights set higher than Syracuse for the next stop, eg, the B1G or SEC.

The fact that Babers seemed resigned to his fate in that game says it all for me. He has to go. Not to mention their seeming inability to make in game decisions, have a disciplined team or accurately assess talent is a solid second reason.

Yeah exactly. If injuries didn’t happen Tucker remained buried on roster
The injuries got him on the field faster, He was a true Freshman, He would have been on the field soon anyways.

I used to be a “throw out the 2016-17 records because he was new and we were rebuilding from a horrible period”.

But if you throw those years out, you throw out two of the best wins he’s had in VT and Clemson, and some of our more exciting play in terms of going uptempo, throwing the ball around, putting up points, and competing well at LSU, Miami, FSU, etc.

2016-18 there was a lot of hope and promise.

2019-now has been one big pile of suck, with a lot of boring football and pathetic, punchless blowouts like yesterday….with 2 months of good football(last year) thrown in.
2019 was devastating to this program. I was at the Maryland game. That game changed the trajectory of the program. Dino was never able to get the best out of Devito. There was too much talent on that team for how bad they played. Lost momentum in recruiting with that garbage season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom