UNC publicly reveals NOA response | Syracusefan.com

UNC publicly reveals NOA response

OK you admit there was an academic scandal involving fake classes. Many athletes took these classes and were thus not eligible to play. How many games do not count?

If I'm reading that correctly aren't they just saying some other department started fake classes, we found out about it and got lots of our players into them?

So, if someone not connected with the athletics program wrote Fab's paper, it would have been 'only an academic issue?'

I wonder if this is really only incidentally brilliant by Carolina's Athletics Dept. Found a loophole and trusted they could argue their way out of prosecution? Or, designed the loophole with these arguable exceptions in mind. Figuring, as long as there's nothing institutional and documented about putting the athletes into the classes, and if they kept it to just 'whispered advice,' it's all going to be okay...

giphy.gif

The basic argument is that they complied with NCAA rules and it is not an athletics issue that the university itself is garbage. It inadvertently reveals that UNC will stop at nothing to preserve their sports programs, prioritizing them even above the academic reputation of the entire institution. That said, I am being completely serious in thinking there is every reason to believe this will work with respect to getting them off the hook with the NCAA.

While it will never happen, I would love for the the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges to use the admissions in UNC's response to revoke its accreditation.

While it will never happen, I would love for the the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools’ Commission on Colleges to use the admissions in UNC's response to revoke its accreditation.

I thought they did? I know they lost one or more accreditations a while back when this first came to light.

Edit: Just checked. SACS put them on "probation" and then lifted it after one year. So they have been fully reinstated. God bless America!

Louisville dodges a grand jury indictment.

Tom Wine the Commonwealth attorney said: "--- that while the NCAA can show there were violations, his office had to be able to show proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The attorney's office ultimately decided there wasn't enough corroborating evidence to recommend charges."

So all the NCAA has to do is show a violation? No proof beyond a reasonable doubt?!

How does that play out for UNC or us for that matter?

This is the equivalent of SU saying a few of our players smoked weed, but they didn't do it in the Dome or Melo Center, so it's not an athletic issue.

Just so everyone knows nobody thought anything would happen to us either. So yeah. Sounds like some UNC fans expect the hammer to drop if you go to their board.