UNC Secret Exhibition Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Secret Exhibition Game

Well, considering that Virginia averaged 67.1 ppg last year, the over might be the judicious choice. Of course, since they gave up just 54 ppg it's forgivable if some imagine Virginia wasn't scoring, too!
hmm how many ppg avg allowed in the NCAAT last year?

I can see advantages to both. The secret scrimmages are probably more beneficial because the competition is better. But the bad thing is they truly are secret and almost impossible to get information on. So the exhibition games obviously provide a better fan experience.

“Vanilla-nova” is efinitely mot going to be a thing here.
How many years were you in the Big East with them and it's only now that you've heard it? O. M. G. {insert eyes bugging out of head emoji here.}

How many years were you in the Big East with them and it's only now that you've heard it? O. M. G. {insert eyes bugging out of head emoji here.}
Since we’re on a Villanova theme here, can we call it the Allan Ray emoji?

Five or so years ago my wife and I were inside the Dean Dome just to look around. This was a few weeks before college practices could begin. We were the only people n the place. Suddenly the team started appearing along with an assistant coach and a scrimmage ensued. We started taking pictures with a phone and got kicked out of the building.

Five or so years ago my wife and I were inside the Dean Dome just to look around. This was a few weeks before college practices could begin. We were the only people n the place. Suddenly the team started appearing along with an assistant coach and a scrimmage ensued. We started taking pictures with a phone and got kicked out of the building.
Do you think they were missing any classes?

We were founding members of the BE, along with Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, UConn, and Seton Hall. Nova joined a year later. So we were in the same conference from 1980 until we left for greener pastures (thank you) in 2013. I was there for every one.

So that's roughly 33 years. I never once heard Vanilla-Nova.
1539170530211.gif

JB had a secret scrimmage set up a couple of weeks ago with Pitino, unfortunately Pitino's team wasn't available to travel.

We were founding members of the BE, along with Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, UConn, and Seton Hall. Nova joined a year later. So we were in the same conference from 1980 until we left for greener pastures (thank you) in 2013. I was there for every one.

So that's roughly 33 years. I never once heard Vanilla-Nova. View attachment 141517

Yeah I don’t get that one anyway. Is Nova known for being boring? Objectively speaking, they usually play a pretty good brand of ball IMO.

Not to mention, why is vanilla supposedly boring anyway? Vanilla ice cream is phenomenal.

Yeah I don’t get that one anyway. Is Nova known for being boring? Objectively speaking, they usually play a pretty good brand of ball IMO.

Not to mention, why is vanilla supposedly boring anyway? Vanilla ice cream is phenomenal.
It at least was known for not having a very "diverse" student body, except for the basketball team. Just like Georgetown under Thompson the Elder.

Stop trying to make Vanilla-nova happen. It's not going to happen.

What do you mean?
They have absolutely been called that forever, especially locally.
Regardless of the athletes, they are a white suburban regional college.

What do you mean?
They have absolutely been called that forever, especially locally.
Regardless of the athletes, they are a white suburban regional college.

They haven’t been called that locally. I’ve lived within 5 miles of campus for 25+ years and know plenty of alums, fans, haters and parents of students and have never heard them referred to in that way. Now, I’m not disputing your characterization of its demographics.

They haven’t been called that locally. I’ve lived within 5 miles of campus for 25+ years and know plenty of alums, fans, haters and parents of students and have never heard them referred to in that way. Now, I’m not disputing your characterization of its demographics.

Villanova students don't share your opinion. That's what they call themselves. I am nearly 60 years old and I have heard this nickname used since Rollie Massimino used to be the coach.

What is the stereotype of students at your school? | Villanova University | Page 1 | Unigo

My brother, sister-in-law and son all went to Villanova. Not one of them refers to themselves that way.

If you did Carleton, you could play them in an exhibition as they are not D1.

If you wanted to do a secret scrimmage, pick the mid major in the NE that has the best chance to be prettt good that isn’t on your schedule. UMass is a good choice but any given year, the answer could be Buffalo, St. Bonaventure or St. John’s.
Why do a closed scrimmage against a mid-major? If you do a closed one, do it against am elite team, if you can, especially if you are an experienced team with high expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom