UNC Sylvia Hatchell and Staff placed on administrative leave | Syracusefan.com

UNC Sylvia Hatchell and Staff placed on administrative leave

On another note, I'm watching the Iowa Baylor game right now. This isn't the first time I have seen her and thought that Kim Mulkey Robertson was about the most unlikable person you could come across. I don't mind strong women - Pat Summit is one of my all time favorites. But Kim is just over the line

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this, but she and her assistant coaches had been placed on administrative leave on April 1st.

Sylvia Hatchell Steps Down as Women's Basketball Head Coach - University of North Carolina Athletics

The firm conducted a review that included 28 interviews of current players and personnel connected to the UNC women's basketball program and found widespread support for three overarching themes:

1. Hatchell made comments that were racially insensitive, and when confronted by players and staff did not respond in a timely or appropriate manner. The review concluded that Hatchell is not viewed as a racist, but her comments and subsequent response caused many in the program to believe she lacked awareness and appreciation for the effect her remarks had on those who heard them.

2. Players and medical staff expressed frustration with perceived and undue influence from Hatchell regarding medical issues and pressure to play. Despite Hatchell's questioning of player care, status and readiness, the medical staff did not surrender to pressure to clear players before they were medically ready.

3. There has been a breakdown of connectivity between the players and Hatchell.

Hadn't seen this, but she and her assistant coaches had been placed on administrative leave on April 1st.

Sylvia Hatchell Steps Down as Women's Basketball Head Coach - University of North Carolina Athletics

The firm conducted a review that included 28 interviews of current players and personnel connected to the UNC women's basketball program and found widespread support for three overarching themes:

1. Hatchell made comments that were racially insensitive, and when confronted by players and staff did not respond in a timely or appropriate manner. The review concluded that Hatchell is not viewed as a racist, but her comments and subsequent response caused many in the program to believe she lacked awareness and appreciation for the effect her remarks had on those who heard them.

2. Players and medical staff expressed frustration with perceived and undue influence from Hatchell regarding medical issues and pressure to play. Despite Hatchell's questioning of player care, status and readiness, the medical staff did not surrender to pressure to clear players before they were medically ready.

3. There has been a breakdown of connectivity between the players and Hatchell.

Unfortunate to see a long career end like that, but she did it to herself with that behavior found in the review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom