UNC... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UNC...

Seems to me I saw a graphic somewhere that JB is 2-1 vs Roy. There was the one Regional final where Kansas was the #1 seed (not sure of the year, but could have been 1996 or 2000). JB has said that was one of the best wins ever for the program. ROY clobbered us one year, not sure what year. JB obviously beat him in the 2003 NC.

Wallace and co. beat them in the 1996 West Regional Final. Kansas obliterated us in the second round in 2001 when we got absolutely demolished on the boards. They were a #4 seed and we were a #5 that year.

Damn JB looked like he's scared of the ladder. VAORange is he scared of heights?
That was a strange ladder. It looked like it was made for the job, but it didn't have steps above the 4 foot platform, so maybe that freaked out JB. It looked like these guys were climbing a ladder with no steps.

Seems to me I saw a graphic somewhere that JB is 2-1 vs Roy. There was the one Regional final where Kansas was the #1 seed (not sure of the year, but could have been 1996 or 2000). JB has said that was one of the best wins ever for the program. ROY clobbered us one year, not sure what year. JB obviously beat him in the 2003 NC.

We also beat Roy at MSG the Andy-Wes-Arinze year in the pre-season NIT. Huge win at the time for our team.

The crazy thing to me is that although our defense has been solid, and G has been steady, we shot such a low percentage the last two games, against good teams, and still won. We just need a couple good offensive games and we could win this whole dang thing.

This is how I feel, too. We need some guys to hit shots against Carolina. I don't want to run too much with them, because they are deeper than us, and their shock troops will wear us down. I see us as focusing on Brice Johnson in the low post and keeping a man on Paige out at the 3 point line. He's shooting crazy numbers from three for the tournament. I think we have to let their secondary scorers try to beat us.

To me, the keys are trying to control our defensive boards, getting back to stop their fast break (which means giving up some offensive rebounds ...) and keying on Paige at the three point line. We also have to limit our own turnovers and continue to shoot well at the line. It's a tall order, but in one game, anything can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom