Underrated aspect of move... | Syracusefan.com

Underrated aspect of move...

I'd call the Independence Bowl an awful bowl. From what I've heard, Shreveport is a lousy place to visit and the match-up is with the #3 MWC team. Hopefully we can swipe the Pinstripe, Gator or Beef O'Brady Bowls.

No more awful bowl tie-ins!

Here's the list:

ACC
Chik Fil A Bowl
Champs Sports Bowl
Sun Bowl
Belk Bowl
Music City
Independence
Military

Big East
Sun Bowl
Champs Sports Bowl
Belk Bowl
Pinstripe Bowl
Compass
Beef O'Brady

So we have three bowls in common (Sun for BE #2, ACC #4). Chik Fil A is better than any of the BE bowls. The Music City, and Independence are both "good" bowls in my estimation, in awful locations. Memphis and Shreveport are not great locales for bowl games in late December, although I will say Memphis is lovely other parts of the year.

I do hope the Pinstripe changes affiliation to the ACC as I think that is a cool bowl, and a place for SU, BC, Pitt, to land. I also don't think that's a bowl that will fail -- not when backed in part by the Yankees.

Overall not a huge difference, but the top is a bit better in the ACC than in the BE.

I think the most under-rated aspect is the number of recruits that may be rethinking commitments to BE schools that won't have a seat when the music stops...

ask BC how great those bowls are. Unless you win the BCS, the northern schools will go tumbling down the bowl ladder like BC has done.

Here's the list:

ACC
Chik Fil A Bowl
Champs Sports Bowl
Sun Bowl
Belk Bowl
Music City
Independence
Military

Big East
Sun Bowl
Champs Sports Bowl
Belk Bowl
Pinstripe Bowl
Compass
Beef O'Brady

So we have three bowls in common (Sun for BE #2, ACC #4). Chik Fil A is better than any of the BE bowls. The Music City, and Independence are both "good" bowls in my estimation, in awful locations. Memphis and Shreveport are not great locales for bowl games in late December, although I will say Memphis is lovely other parts of the year.

I do hope the Pinstripe changes affiliation to the ACC as I think that is a cool bowl, and a place for SU, BC, Pitt, to land. I also don't think that's a bowl that will fail -- not when backed in part by the Yankees.

Overall not a huge difference, but the top is a bit better in the ACC than in the BE.

The Music City Bowl is in Nashville and it is far from an awful location :mad:

Having been to Nashville, I can say with 100% certainty it's not remotely an awful location. The esteemed folks at Maxim consistently rank Nashville as one of the best party cities in the US (and it lives up to that reputation from my brief experience). As far as Shreveport, I've never been there myself, but living in northeast Texas it's a fairly short drive, and the folks around here who go over there love it. It's like a mini-New Orleans, as far as I've been told.

Having been to Nashville, I can say with 100% certainty it's not remotely an awful location. The esteemed folks at Maxim consistently rank Nashville as one of the best party cities in the US (and it lives up to that reputation from my brief experience). As far as Shreveport, I've never been there myself, but living in northeast Texas it's a fairly short drive, and the folks around here who go over there love it. It's like a mini-New Orleans, as far as I've been told.

I've lived here in Nashville for almost year now. LP Field is a great place to watch a game and there are tons of Bars, Resturants and Hotels to enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom