Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience in this field, from a lawyer's perspective | Syracusefan.com

Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience in this field, from a lawyer's perspective

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
In fact, in one instance, (a family court matter where my client was accused by the mother of abusing the daughter, and they video taped her allegedly saying so) I was not only able to get my client custody and the mother only ever had supervised visits after that, but I was able to have the appellate court find that her action was frivolous and my client was awarded attorney's fees and the maximum sanctions under law.

I was tangentially involved in another case (google the NYT artcile on Baba Ali) where a man did 2.5 years in Sing Sing for molesting his daughter, only to have it proven later that she had never been molested, by anyone. A doctor who worked for NYC lied about the abuse to corroberate the mother's allegations. The prsecuting ADA withheld evidence that the girl was not abused.) That is now with the NY Court of appeals on several issues, including that the $3million damages award was insufficient.

I have also defended too many actual molesters and have represented victims.

You are now going to see all types of experts come on tv and explain how the actions, or inactions, of the accusers mean that they were abused.

Telling a story means its true
Recanting a story means it was true
Physical evidence means its true
Lack of physical evidence doesn't mean its not true
Waiting a long time means its true
Coming forward right away means its true

The experts always try to fit the theory to proof.

The motives in this case are not clear, unless there is a smoking gun of a demand for money for silence, or someone comes forward that heard these guys talk about making money from this. That is what concerns me. Until that happens, all of the holes in the story will be used by experts to "prove" the accusers are telling the truth.

BTW - just my opinion, but from all I have read and listened to, I am inclined to believe that Mark Schwatrz was abused as a child. That is why he ran with such a flimsy story. Just a gut reaction.

BTW - just my opinion, but from all I have read and listened to, I am inclined to believe that Mark Schwatrz was abused as a child. That is why he ran with such a flimsy story. Just a gut reaction.

He needs to be abused as an adult if this is all they've got and he ruined a man's reputation over it.

I get the feeling that Mark Schwartz did not "run with the story," meaning that Davis contacted him. Instead, I think Schwartz sought out Davis to try to resurrect a story that had already been discredited just so Schwartz could try to further his career. Davis and Lang went along with it hoping to get some money, but did they start it?

I get the feeling that Mark Schwartz did not "run with the story," meaning that Davis contacted him. Instead, I think Schwartz sought out Davis to try to resurrect a story that had already been discredited just so Schwartz could try to further his career. Davis and Lang went along with it hoping to get some money, but did they start it?
According to a recent report by Schwarz, the chain of contact went like this:
1. Lang was inspired by the PSU events
2. Lang recalled his brother Bobby telling him he was abused about 8 years ago
3. Lang asked Bobby what can they do about this (child molesters). Davis told him to call OTL and Schwarz to corroborate his story from 8 years ago.
4. Schwarz runs with the story because he now has another "victim"

I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions to why Lang all of a sudden felt the urge to come forward at this time.

3. Lang asked Bobby what can they do about this (child molesters). Davis told him to call OTL and Schwarz to corroborate his story from 8 years ago.

I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions to why Lang all of a sudden felt the urge to come forward at this time.
They stated that they have only spoken 3-4 times in the past 8 years so then I suppose phone records will corroborate the lack of contact between the two parties, I hope Bernie's legal team has a way to look at phone records. I am trying to view this impartially and hope nothing more becomes of this but as everyone has stated whether this was SU related or not I watch the interview and think 'he's a damn lie'.

Like I said in an earlier thread, just two weeks ago he was bellyaching in a bar about how bad his life is and how down on his luck he is financially. And then this...motivation as JB suggests? Who knows.

.BTW - just my opinion, but from all I have read and listened to, I am inclined to believe that Mark Schwatrz was abused as a child.

Love it. Milly, start website called wasmarkschwartzmolestedasachild.com

And then the actual banner on the website will read: Was Mark Schwartz Molested as a child (and if not should he be molested as an adult)?

I like where the board is going with this. Very proud.

As another attorney's opinion...for the past several years I had been involved in a case with a father being accused of inappropriate conduct with his daughter. I worked with another attorney who prosecuted these types of cases for almost ten years in New Orleans.

The one fact that really strikes me as unbelievable is the claim that the abuse lasted until he was 27 years old. Pedophiles generally (generally not always) have age ranges that they stick to...(see Jerry Sandusky and the ages of the kids he was involved with) and they don't deviate from these age ranges. It would be very unusual for the abuse to go on as described.

I'm trying to get in touch with my former SPD "mole" to get some info but he was busy yesterday and has not called me back yet...

In fact, in one instance, (a family court matter where my client was accused by the mother of abusing the daughter, and they video taped her allegedly saying so) I was not only able to get my client custody and the mother only ever had supervised visits after that, but I was able to have the appellate court find that her action was frivolous and my client was awarded attorney's fees and the maximum sanctions under law.

I was tangentially involved in another case (google the NYT artcile on Baba Ali) where a man did 2.5 years in Sing Sing for molesting his daughter, only to have it proven later that she had never been molested, by anyone. A doctor who worked for NYC lied about the abuse to corroberate the mother's allegations. The prsecuting ADA withheld evidence that the girl was not abused.) That is now with the NY Court of appeals on several issues, including that the $3million damages award was insufficient.

I have also defended too many actual molesters and have represented victims.

You are now going to see all types of experts come on tv and explain how the actions, or inactions, of the accusers mean that they were abused.

Telling a story means its true
Recanting a story means it was true
Physical evidence means its true
Lack of physical evidence doesn't mean its not true
Waiting a long time means its true
Coming forward right away means its true

The experts always try to fit the theory to proof.

The motives in this case are not clear, unless there is a smoking gun of a demand for money for silence, or someone comes forward that heard these guys talk about making money from this. That is what concerns me. Until that happens, all of the holes in the story will be used by experts to "prove" the accusers are telling the truth.

Very well stated. My comment on this regards Lousiana which has 18 yrs old and 30 yrs for case...is it possible that the accusers chose the NCAA Finals as a mention due to the fact the case could be resurrected there...based on the two saying they were abused in New Orleans...I think they have had legal or reporter counsel...did not strike me as intelligent enough to bring up New Orleans out of more than a hundred-or thousand times of being abused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom