Uniform/Helmet craze in College Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Uniform/Helmet craze in College Football

That sounds good or dark gray / platinum. I'd also be ok with same uniforms just use a chrome helmet
The problem with the chrome helmets is that they look like shite when they get scratched.

How about a navy/orange "tartan" helmet?

For some reason my computer won't let me see the first picture. As for the other two, are those revolutionary Oregon like changes or evolutionary changes like I already suggested? The Michigan St. uniform is dark green with black on the shoulder pads isn't at all crazy and the biggest change on bottom uniform is the piping on the arms which is something not everyone will even wear. I'm not against change, but it shouldn't be gimmicky and outlandish. We shouldn't try and be Oregon. If we try to do that, we'll just come off as copycats and won't be taken seriously anyway.
Good job showing the Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State uniforms. I don't want SU football going Oregon or Maryland and wearing different uniforms each and every week, but I wish we would follow the trend almost EVERYBODY is doing and atleast have a rotation of uniforms, helmets instead of the blue and white each and every week with one orange helmet. I would love to just have an Orange jersey, Blue jersey, White jersey, Orange pants, White pants, and different helmets. That isn't copycat it is just keeping up with what everybody else is doing.

some of you guys are thinking for yourself. You want the uniforms to look how you want them or you want them to look like ones we had when we were winning. You are not thinking about what these kids want. Some of you dont want to buy in to the fact that uniforms effect recruiting. Facilities can but uniforms cant? I coach football. All my kids talk about is whose uniforms are better. if you make changes, they have to be good changes. I dont want an ugly uniform either. BTW Expect new pants this season, next year they will be getting new stuff. I dont have details, just what I heard.
I agree 100% I have a friend who is the head football coach of a team in NC(for you SU fans in Charlotte its South Pointe HS in Gastonia) and all the kids want talk about is what programs are doing well and what type of uniforms they wear. We don't need to completely overhaul our uniforms but just including some change will help recruiting. Instead of wearing undershirts with 44 and calling that innovative. We need to stop with the boring conservative same ole blue home uniforms.

I think an Orange Jersey with blue and white trim and blue pants could be pretty slick.

1027_large.jpg

You want orange? You got Orange!
Please let's use these I will buy one. I love this shade of Orange and wish we had this color home jersey in the rotation and I love the helmets.

Good job showing the Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State uniforms. I don't want SU football going Oregon or Maryland and wearing different uniforms each and every week, but I wish we would follow the trend almost EVERYBODY is doing and atleast have a rotation of uniforms, helmets instead of the blue and white each and every week with one orange helmet. I would love to just have an Orange jersey, Blue jersey, White jersey, Orange pants, White pants, and different helmets. That isn't copycat it is just keeping up with what everybody else is doing.
I could be wrong but I believe the O$U and Michigan uniforms are actually throw-back versions from decades ago.

We could break out some black and orange ones on Halloween and go for the Jack - o - latern look.

Black Helmets with Orange block S, oragne face mask

Black jerseys with Orange lettering

Black pants with Orange tiger stripes

Orange sneakers and socks

Orange glves and arm spandex

exclusively for Halloween then burn them

I won't lie, I'd love this. I'd just change the gloves to black (with the orange 44 design on them of course).

The problem with the chrome helmets is that they look like shite when they get scratched.

How about a navy/orange "tartan" helmet?
That's why we need like 6 different helmets. :)

We are the Syracuse Orange and only have 1 official color which is Orange

Wait a minute. Did they borrow those polos from Virginia?

20130721_kdl_as1_120.0_standard_709.0.jpg

More blue than orange here too:

http://shop.suathletics.com/COLLEGE_Syracuse_Orange_Polos

When the ACC goes to 16, there are only going to be four spots in the orange pod, and Syracuse is going to lose it's spot to the Hokies if they don't step it up. Then again, the Cavaliers seem to be making a play for the blue pod:

C97H7417.JPG

Does anyone else think that the bizarre uniforms Underarmour makes look like complete crap? When they keep it simple their stuff looks OK, but when they try to produce Nike-esque special uni's they all seem to come out looking no where near as good as Nike's products and often like $#.

Considering their connection to Maryland, and that a large number of fatsos think their undershirts are appropriate for everyday wear, I hope Underarmour goes the way of Starter.

Does anyone else think that the bizarre uniforms Underarmour makes look like complete crap? When they keep it simple their stuff looks OK, but when they try to produce Nike-esque special uni's they all seem to come out looking no where near as good as Nike's products and often like $# .

Considering their connection to Maryland, and that a large number of fatsos think their undershirts are appropriate for everyday wear, I hope Underarmour goes the way of Starter.

Not a fan of UA. Think they just had a massive marketing campaign to young folks, and it stuck.