University Event Parking To Go Cashless Beginning Dec. 6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

University Event Parking To Go Cashless Beginning Dec. 6

not all "business". But also because people dont want to pay all the fees that ging cashless requires.

not all "business". But also because people dont want to pay all the fees that ging cashless requires.
I don't understand your original point then. Nothing changed other than you receive a 1099 for goods and services sales beyond $600.

cashless and venmo are 2 different issues..

people were hiding by using easy venmo to move money

cashless, businesses are trying to get rid of the fees that using a card system requires so many are going to cash incentives to lower costs and probably also hide money.

on top of the issue that its just another way to add a security risk to your money. but using a phone to control it.

There's no fees required for me to pay anyone through Venmo.

Your post mentioned Venmo and Paypal specifically.
yes and if you find venmo or paypal with a CC you pay 3%..

much like the state fair was cashless except as you walked around there were many places taking cash only.

yes and if you find venmo or paypal with a CC you pay 3%..

much like the state fair was cashless except as you walked around there were many places taking cash only.
What?

i ate at several businesses this summer in central ny that were either cash only or card only. one restaurant in utica (on the roof specializes in oysters rhymes with motion zoo) reluctantly took my cash but informed me that i would receive no change.

Last edited:
I haven't had a credit card in 40-plus years. I also have many friends that carry cash and no credit cards. If a business refuses my cash, I go somewhere else.