UNLV post-Sluka | Syracusefan.com

UNLV post-Sluka

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
Looking to have purely discussion on the game itself here. So I watched a large part of the UNLV-Kansas game and came away unimpressed thinking they would be very easy to scout. Sluka was a tough meathead runner who couldn’t throw. Offensively they looked clumsy and awkward.

Then I watched the Fresno St game and came away throughly concerned that they traded him in for a much more balanced attack. For those of you saying it’s just Fresno… ask yourself if Sluka would’ve been able to put up those numbers.

Thinking back to Georgia tech, we had success slowing them down in part I suspect because they couldn’t make us pay for spying the QB and keying on the run. I don’t see us having that luxury in this one. Hoping we can throw out a new defensive wrinkle to slow them down a bit and give our offense a chance to settle in.

The offense will have to carry this team but it’s going to need more help from the D against any decent competition. The defense needs to be a little more opportunistic and I hope, pray, beg ERob to start bringing more pressure and blitzes. Give Kj some chances on 3rd and long.

Last edited:
They’re a good team from last year and likely ended up with the best QB of the bunch going from the USC transfer to Sluka to this kid.

I don’t see them replicating last week vs us.

This UNLV team should not be a surprise, they return a ton of guys from last year, a 9 win team, this was a dangerous game from the minute we scheduled it. Army would have been a rough one too if it had stuck, just much easier travel

The QB is a 6th yr SR. he has run for 2-4 yds a carry for 5 yrs and suddenly last week blew up.

Hs throwing has gotten better, last yr being his best.

They looked so much better with a QB who can throw. They have real talent at WR that was being wasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom