Unsubscribing from the ACCN | Syracusefan.com

Unsubscribing from the ACCN

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Award Winner, Aka FloridaHam
I will not spend another cent towards this conference until these refs are reprimanded. Absolutely disgusting not calling an undercut on Hughes with 10 seconds left. Absolutely appalling. I don’t even care we lost. We are still 4th. They fought hard. But fluck these no calls. Clemson was swinging elbows all inside with no calls. The ACC allows this to keep happening. Bray is an ass but he is right the ACC refs suck. This conference does not deserve my money

Refs have been horrendous this year.

I've seen 3 of the most wildly inconsistent ref'd games this year. They're not even trying to hide it.

Clemson got away with elbows down low, but that no call on Hughes at the end was embarrassing.

The ACC needs to invest in better vision insurance for these clowns.

Refs weren’t great but this loss is on us. We didn’t make winning plays and committed stupid fouls. Marek and BS put themselves in position to have fouls called on then even if they were soft. Marek in particular was one of the worst basketball plays I’ve ever seen. He had no chance at getting that rebound.

Refs weren’t great but this loss is on us. We didn’t make winning plays and committed stupid fouls. Marek and BS put themselves in position to have fouls called on then even if they were soft. Marek in particular was one of the worst basketball plays I’ve ever seen. He had no chance at getting that rebound.
He has three stupid fouls every game. He doesn’t learn or adjust. It’s hard to explain.

Somehow our two key bigs foul out in the final stretch while they finished with one guy with 3 fouls. It's interesting how we haven't had the greatest success vs the old guard of the ACC. There is a common thread in some of those games for sure. Maybe Brey does have a point...

That 5 foul was so weak it wouldn’t be called in a 1st grade game. The amount of elbows Clemson threw would be out of place in UFC. I saw 1 call on them. We hit bonus at 8 minutes left or so. How many calls did Clemson get in those final 8 minutes. Marek should have never been fouled out.

Mareks fouls and late shot selection hurt us more than the stripes, who were bad both ways.

It's a heartbreaking loss. Wouldn't hurt as much had it taken as long for this team to come together. Just so little margin of error. Saturday becomes a really important game for both confidence and post season hopes.

I agree there were a few stupid fouls but way more bad calls. Marek had all ball on that.

We actually did make winning plays though. Joe’s steal and Joe’s three put us up. His drive was good and there was a lot of contact, Eli was fouled on his last drive. Then we made two awful mistakes.

That 5 foul was so weak it wouldn’t be called in a 1st grade game. The amount of elbows Clemson threw would be out of place in UFC. I saw 1 call on them. We hit bonus at 8 minutes left or so. How many calls did Clemson get in those final 8 minutes. Marek should have never been fouled out.
It was a weak foul, totally agree. So was his third. But he shouldn’t have put himself in a position to let the ref make a call. His fourth foul was also just a give away pathetic and one. He is too valuable to commit these dumb fouls. The coaching staff needs to drill this into him.

It was a weak foul, totally agree. So was his third. But he shouldn’t have put himself in a position to let the ref make a call. His fourth foul was also just a give away pathetic and one. He is too valuable to commit these dumb fouls. The coaching staff needs to drill this into him.
I mean the refs could not call “anticipation” fouls and actually call stuff that happens

I agree there were a few stupid fouls but way more bad calls. Marek had all ball on that.

We actually did make winning plays though. Joe’s steal and Joe’s three put us up. His drive was good and there was a lot of contact, Eli was fouled on his last drive. Then we made two awful mistakes.
We made some winning plays but not enough. Buddy stood around and trailed the play after the Hughes miss instead of getting back. No one stopped the ball. Edwards totally killed us. Just stood there and made little effort to rebound in the time he was in. Didn’t have any court awareness or he could have stepped into that passing lane. He looked scared out there.

Seriously considering unsubscribing from RSN. How long was it going to take Gminski to comprehend that Marek & Sid had fouled out. I loved his suggestion that we go “offense for defense” with Marek down the stretch...3-4 game minutes after he had fouled out.

ACC refs are the worst of any P5 all year so I am never surprised by the garbage officiating in these game. That said, our bigs consistently make stupid fouls.
The most disturbing thing to me is the constant huddling by the 3 refs. I don't see this near as much in other P5 games. It happens a lot in our conference. Really makes me wonder sometimes.

We made some winning plays but not enough. Buddy stood around and trailed the play after the Hughes miss instead of getting back. No one stopped the ball. Edwards totally killed us. Just stood there and made little effort to rebound in the time he was in. Didn’t have any court awareness or he could have stepped into that passing lane. He looked scared out there.
Yes, that was one of the mistakes I was referring. I won’t get into Edwards bc he shouldn’t have been out there. He freaked.

Yes, that was one of the mistakes I was referring. I won’t get into Edwards bc he shouldn’t have been out there. He freaked.
Yeh, him being out there is marek and bs fault. They need to be better with their fouls.

I’ve been mad before but mostly at the team earlier in the year. I have never been this mad at the refs before in my life. Absolutely criminal and I would gladly pay boehiem fine if he criticized the refs

I’m really really sick of fans saying that everyone hates Cuse and that refs are against us because we aren’t from the south. It is absolutely ridiculous. Accept the loss. RIDICULOUS

I’m really really sick of fans saying that everyone hates Cuse and that refs are against us because we aren’t from the south. It is absolutely ridiculous. Accept the loss. RIDICULOUS
I should accept BS calls and some UFC octagon fighting from Clemson’s bigs? Did you see how many shoulder hits they weren’t calling. Also the play where QG was layed out but no foul