Up In The Box | Syracusefan.com

Up In The Box

Pretty sure Beck was usually in the box at UVA too, was surprised to see him talking to Garrett on the sideline.

As long as you have capable personnel to tell you what you’re looking for in the box, you don’t need to be up there. Some guys just like the field.

Yes it’s common for coordinators to be up there, but hey, seems to be working.

Pretty sure Beck was usually in the box at UVA too, was surprised to see him talking to Garrett on the sideline.
I love that though. Let's Garrett get direct inputs during tv timeouts, while defense is on field, etc. Pretty sure I saw Anae and White high five each other late in the game as well. I like the staff on the field and engaged.

Coach Beck was definitely on the field in the videos of UVa games I watched over the summer. I only watched 3 of them. He was very visible late in games, when he clearly takes over play calling duties.

Maybe he only came down late in games. Could swear I saw him next to Coach Anae at various times in games last year.

Anyway, I am glad he is down on the field. Think this is better for communicating with the QBs down there.

Coach Beck was definitely on the field in the videos of UVa games I watched over the summer. I only watched 3 of them. He was very visible late in games, when he clearly takes over play calling duties.

Maybe he only came down late in games. Could swear I saw him next to Coach Anae at various times in games last year.

Anyway, I am glad he is down on the field. Think this is better for communicating with the QBs down there.
That could be a possibility, I just remember “Hoo’s That” giving us the scoop when we hired Beck and Anae, and him saying Beck was in the box the last few seasons. Either way, I agree that him being on the field is better for communication purposes. Whatever works best for our coaches, I’m on board with.

I’m sure every team does it different, but it seems like a great opportunity for a position coach to be in the box working with the coordinator on the field. Lots of responsibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom