Update Day 76 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Update Day 76

Dan, remember we have a date to go out with BBallBeadle when I am there in October. Sorry, BBall beadle we haven't told you about this yet, but we are all going to do dinner, like you and I did last year when I was in town. First we get the enjoyment of watching the Florida St. game since it will be that weekend...
So do well with your surgery, and rest up cause we are going to party in October!!!
OK, which restaurant?

OE- you have all of Orange Nation behind you. You are in my prayers and I look forward to hearing about your discharge from the hospital after a full recovery.

I got your back OE, with daily articles, prayers and maybe even a couple of strokes the first few times we play once you are through this.

You got this. Go and get 'em!

I'd like to humbly request a spot in the group one time when you guys go out, or if you ever need an extra in a scramble sometime. I think I'd rather play a round with Dan and Tom than I would some bigtime SU celebrities. I'm not even joking.

Back to the topic - you're in my thoughts and prayers every day, Dan, and will continue to be until the day you leave the hospital and get back to doing the things you love.

If you are wondering why Dan responded this way, know this:

Dan has eaten no solid food in 78 days and has had no food whatsoever for a really long time...pretty sure it is over 30 days.

He is one hungry dude.

I think his 100 posts in the Taste of Syracuse proves your point!

Good luck Dan!

Get well Dan - this surgery may be risky for a normal man, but for someone your caliber it should be a piece of cake.

If you are wondering why Dan responded this way, know this:

Dan has eaten no solid food in 78 days and has had no food whatsoever for a really long time...pretty sure it is over 30 days.

He is one hungry dude.

WHAT? How can they not let a man eat solid food for three months? Holy crap! Dan - your mental and phsyical strength to handle this ordeal is something the rest of us could only wish for.

Best of luck your in my prayers. Arrive Raise Hell and hope you get out of that place real soon.

Hang in there, Dan - good times to come.

Best wishes, and pulling for you.

Finally after 3 weeks of waiting I got a date for my next surgery it will be Friday June 20 at 7AM.

Three surgeons had to co-ordinate their schedules to be available all day. They estimate the procedure will take at least 6 hours. If all goes well this will be my final surgery. It is hoped that I will be released two weeks later and that I might resume normal activities in 2 months. The operation is really four in one and considered risky.

Your prayers are requested.
Thanks
Dan
Wishing you the best, our thoughts and prayers are with you on the 20th!

I have no doubt you will take this head on and come out on top. Go get 'em.

I only 'know' through your posts. your daily links are must reads each day.

Get well soon