Update from other Boards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Update from other Boards

Francis, it was written shortly after DJ visited that he is the type of big man that launches any team into final four contention. If he wanted to come, we simply couldn't pass him up, could we. At the expense of bringing in anyone not named Wiggins, I think we have to protect a spot for him right? He's been compared to a more developed Andrew Bynum at this stage...
Sure if he wanted to come the staff would do all they could to make room and if either Rak or DC2 is gone, then that situation would play itself out. If both stay then why would he want to come still? When programs like Florida, Ohio St, Kansas etc will have room for him to come in and start.

Sure if he wanted to come the staff would do all they could to make room and if either Rak or DC2 is gone, then that situation would play itself out. If both stay then why would he want to come still? When programs like Florida, Ohio St, Kansas etc will have room for him to come in and start.

Nice Avatar!

Thanks. One of our fellow posters linked the pic from a Cavs fan site over the summer. Dion is off to a nice start so I definitely want to show him some love.

Too bad those NCAA refs were told to keep SU out of the Final Four. Dion would have pushed us past Ohio State without question. Can't do much from the pine.

Too bad those NCAA refs were told to keep SU out of the Final Four. Dion would have pushed us past Ohio State without question. Can't do much from the pine.
Yup. You know a game is being called poorly when both teams are in the double bonus before the last 10 minutes of the half.

Yup. You know a game is being called poorly when both teams are in the double bonus before the last 10 minutes of the half.

I'm convinced that the fix was in. They purposely called fouls on Sully to make it seem like the game was being called equally bad, yet the officials never really let SU take advantage of that development by calling all kinds of ticky tack crap. Charges on KJO on Dion. They took away SU's best weapons for the second half and allowed Sullinger and white chocolate hacker to do whatever they wanted to. I know for a fact that someone on the SU staff strongly believed that the NCAA did not want Syracuse in the FF because of the Fine Scandal publicity that would have followed. He was firmly convinced of it after that game. Not sure if he heard rumblings, but he was adamant it was a screw job. This was not a coach, btw.

I'm convinced that the fix was in. They purposely called fouls on Sully to make it seem like the game was being called equally bad, yet the officials never really let SU take advantage of that development by calling all kinds of ticky tack crap. Charges on KJO on Dion. They took away SU's best weapons for the second half and allowed Sullinger and white chocolate hacker to do whatever they wanted to. I know for a fact that someone on the SU staff strongly believed that the NCAA did not want Syracuse in the FF because of the Fine Scandal publicity that would have followed. He was firmly convinced of it after that game. Not sure if he heard rumblings, but he was adamant it was a screw job. This was not a coach, btw.
120324-osu-cuse-ss5_ss_full.jpg

That charge call on Brandon's and-1 was the worse call of the night.

Can't blame them. When an NBA career is so fleeting, every year counts.

That's it, instead of playing in HS for their senior season they can play college ball for the 1 year and then jump to the NBA. Basically it's the loophole around the NBA rule.

How come all these kids hate 2014?

The thing that keeps popping into my head when I see all these kids reclassifying, is maybe there are some close to the vest rumors that Stern's parting gift to the NBA is upping the draft limit age to 20 or 2 years removed for the 2014 season.

Probably non-sense, and I've yet to read further than this post... but yeah.

Honestly the NBA needs to adopt the MLB's rule for the draft. You can go pro out of HS, but if you go to college you have to stay at least 3 years. This would improve both on-court products.

I'm also sick of the reclassifying stuff. You shouldn't be able to stay back a year so you can look better to recruiters. It's ridiculous. You should have to pick a year and stay in that class.

Honestly the NBA needs to adopt the MLB's rule for the draft. You can go pro out of HS, but if you go to college you have to stay at least 3 years. This would improve both on-court products.

I'm also sick of the reclassifying stuff. You shouldn't be able to stay back a year so you can look better to recruiters. It's ridiculous. You should have to pick a year and stay in that class.
Well they would have to tweak it b/c baseball has some weird Jr. college rules ( see Bryce Harper and Alex Fernandez).

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Well they would have to tweak it b/c baseball has some weird Jr. college rules ( see Bryce Harper and Alex Fernandez).

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You probably wouldn't see high school kids do the juco route for basketball, my guess is a lot more of them will try going overseas like Jennings and Tyler and start making money and hope to develop there. Those two didn't have much success over there tho. I could be wrong but I think Tyler may have skipped his senior of high school which was unbelievable that his camp would've been alright with that. I'm sure he regrets it now. He barely plays in the NBA and gave up his chance to play in great college atmospheres, be the big man on campus and all kinds of great parts about the college experience for these guys.

You probably wouldn't see high school kids do the juco route for basketball, my guess is a lot more of them will try going overseas like Jennings and Tyler and start making money and hope to develop there. Those two didn't have much success over there tho. I could be wrong but I think Tyler may have skipped his senior of high school which was unbelievable that his camp would've been alright with that. I'm sure he regrets it now. He barely plays in the NBA and gave up his chance to play in great college atmospheres, be the big man on campus and all kinds of great parts about the college experience for these guys.
Jennings had a horrible time overseas, I think his story alone would discourage kids from going over there.

I think the MLB rule with staying 2 years would be about right for hoops.

In terms of re-classifying, that should be totally up to the player. He is somewhat constrained by qualification issues, but if he can qualify he should be able to choose the best time for himself to graduate. Any student can do that, why should an athlete be more restricted ??

All that I care to remember from that night was that I found my way into my favorite picture of the year (I'm in the upper left in the Carmelo jersey).
are you tweeking your nipples in excitement?

All that I care to remember from that night was that I found my way into my favorite picture of the year (I'm in the upper left in the Carmelo jersey).

Why is Devo on the OSU cheerleading team? Isn't that him appearing to hold hands with Dion?

How come all these kids hate 2014?

The ones who are reclassifying USED to be in this class and flunked a grade at some point (or were otherwise held back). Nowadays, the buzz is go pro early, get the clock running on your rookie contract and get that over with, so you get to your first free agent contract faster.