Update: Lots under Consideration--no definitive answers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Update: Lots under Consideration--no definitive answers

I don't think getting another South Carolina school will make much of a difference, we already have Clemson.

edit: damn, Toga beat me

snooze-you-lose.jpg

How ironic would it be if NBC/Comcast, starved for content and one time supposed savior of the Big East, comes in on a white horse and saves the ACC instead?

He didn't tell us anything new. Just a summary of what's already out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thought that bit about the GOR was new. Hadn't heard that being thrown around with the ACC

Thought that bit about the GOR was new. Hadn't heard that being thrown around with the ACC

Its been out there for awhile.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How ironic would it be if NBC/Comcast, starved for content and one time supposed savior of the Big East, comes in on a white horse and saves the ACC instead?
It CAN'T the ACC is OWNED by ESPN. That is the reason the ACC is vulnerable ESPN got a such a good deal with the ACC that is going to fall behind all other conferences cause of it.

Thanks arbit!

With respect to the info in bold, any guesses on who the "several [other] colleges" are? That would be a clue on possible directions being considered. Texas?
Texas and nd can't coexist

It CAN'T the ACC is OWNED by ESPN. That is the reason the ACC is vulnerable ESPN got a such a good deal with the ACC that is going to fall behind all other conferences cause of it.

I was just commenting on this part of the op:

4. If you recall a previous thread I alluded to a potential network...it has been discussed by Swofford and I had provided that link...this is under consideration but would require ACC, Raycom, ESPN and probably NBC to agree on putting it all together--NBC if contract with Notre Dame unless ACC waits past the ending of the NBC Notre Dame contract.

What I liked about the OP post was that at least the ACC is active (I wasn't aware of that) unlike some other reactive conferences we have been associated with:(

I was just commenting on this part of the op:

4. If you recall a previous thread I alluded to a potential network...it has been discussed by Swofford and I had provided that link...this is under consideration but would require ACC, Raycom, ESPN and probably NBC to agree on putting it all together--NBC if contract with Notre Dame unless ACC waits past the ending of the NBC Notre Dame contract.
He is talking of his ass. NBC and ESPN will NOT work together. ESPN HATES Comcast and isn't going to do anything to help NBC because Comcast can F around with the rates ESPN can charge each month if they help Comcast create a competitor to ESPN. That is why ESPN and Fox had been cozy with each other because they both hated NBC/Comcast more than each other. The only chance an ACC network can happen is if Notre Dame football leaves NBC and goes to ESPN. Then the 3rd tier rights could go on an ACC network, without ND signing with ESPN sayonara an ACC network being successful no matter what the OP says.

I don't think getting another South Carolina school will make much of a difference, we already have Clemson.

edit: damn, Toga beat me

Okay, okay.

It was a typo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors