Update on my surgery | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Update on my surgery

Great to hear that everything went well with your surgery. It's also wonderful that you were uplifted by the tremendous outpouring of caring and affection on this really special forum. When matters of grave importance are at hand the tenor of the board reflects the overall good nature of those who contribute here and it is a shining example of how sport can help us to rise up to embrace our best selves.

I made a post in the "prayers" thread but it may get overlooked. I wanted to update all of you who were so nice to express your positive thoughts and concern.

I am doing very well and the surgery went great. I am very sore but comfortable. I'm in the hospital overnight but have my own room.

The surgery started late, so I was able to watch the first half live and then the 2nd half on the WatchESPN app on replay. Our defense and Ennis won the game for us. We made our freebies when the game was in the balance.

Thanks so much for all your support. You guys really lifted my spirits...between you guys pulling for me and my Orange getting a hard-fought win, I feel like a million bucks.

LGO! UConn and cancer!

F cancer indeed you got it this thing beat like ennis had the end of the game! Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Glad you got to see some of the game as well. Get rested and keep kicking cancers ass while you enjoy the orange rolling their way to another great finish!

Great news brother! That stuff didn't have a chance against you.
thumbsiommi.jpg

yeah, I knew we won. I was watching live and they took me to surgery after Cooney hit a 3 to give us a 32-25 lead in the 2nd half. The second I was conscious I had the nurse put the tv on and I saw we won on the ESPN scroll. Then I watched the rest of the replay on my iPad.

Last night I watched Wolf of Wall Street. Good flick. It's been a great 24 hours, all things considered.

Iommi, incredible job, glad everything went well. This is so awesome that you were following the boys both before and after your surgery. In fact, can't believe you only have 46 "likes" on your original thread--but it's probably only because lot of people may have gone to bed an hour or two ago. My official prediction--when I check again (probably well after 10 or 11am...), you will be closing in on 100 "likes", challenging an all-time board record. Anyone know what the record is by the way?

I was watching live and they took me to surgery after Cooney hit a 3 to give us a 32-25 lead in the 2nd half.

This is why our health care system is so messed up.
A person has a basketball game to finish watching and the physicians decide to operate and take him away from the game.
What happened to "first do no harm?"

Hope they operated as skillfully as TE did at the end of the game.
And just like TE...you got this!!!

iommi said:
yeah, I knew we won. I was watching live and they took me to surgery after Cooney hit a 3 to give us a 32-25 lead in the 2nd half. The second I was conscious I had the nurse put the tv on and I saw we won on the ESPN scroll. Then I watched the rest of the replay on my iPad. Last night I watched Wolf of Wall Street. Good flick. It's been a great 24 hours, all things considered.

Awesome news man! Super glad you are doing well.

Syracuse spits out Pitt.

You watch Wolf of Wall Street (awesome movie). Lone Survivor next...

Most importantly, you kick the crap out of your surgery. The road to recovery continues and we're all here for you buddy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom