Update on Texas | Syracusefan.com

Update on Texas

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Rumor now strengthening that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St will all be headed to the PAC10. This is a year later so what changed I wonder from last year? I think this does finally get done and probably soon. That leaves only ND as the remaining big fish before conferences go to their plan B's for filler.

Rumor now strengthening that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St will all be headed to the PAC10. This is a year later so what changed I wonder from last year? I think this does finally get done and probably soon. That leaves only ND as the remaining big fish before conferences go to their plan B's for filler.
WVU fans say they are going to SEC and have turned in the paperwork (as of today) per Colin Dunlap. Another one of their guys who claims he's connected says Rutgers and WVU are going to the ACC, and people will know about it later today.

would be thrilled with WVU going to ACC...but its academic reputation is not going to get them in...or the ACC is truly full of s..t...i can see WVU going to the SEC.

Makes no sense about the girls going to SEC - for goodness sake that's crossing the Mason Dixon! Blasphemy!

NOT having the state of New Jersey in the Atlantic Coast Conference doesnt really make sense. and it would keep the big10 from staging its championship game at Giants Stadium, which would be right in the middle of 'ACC North'.

Bees - how do we know if this isn't just ESPN rumor mill - Texas could easily go Independant like ND

Bees - how do we know if this isn't just ESPN rumor mill - Texas could easily go Independant like ND

It's been othr places besides ESPN, but it may in fact be rumor. I said that from the get go in my post.

--------------------

UT with OK, TT, OSU makes all the sense in the world; regional rivalries, huge financial payout; strong football; PAC 16 a huge winner.
ACC could do something similar if they wanted to:

BC, SU, Pitt, UConn/Rutgers

Maryland, UVA, VA Tech, Rutgers/WV

Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake

FSU, Miami, Clemson, GA Tech

ACC could do something similar if they wanted to:

BC, SU, Pitt, UConn/Rutgers

Maryland, UVA, VA Tech, Rutgers/WV

Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake

FSU, Miami, Clemson, GA Tech

I think that's what we might see for hoops, except I'm thinking it'd be UConn and Rutgers in our pod with BC, and then Pitt in the pod with MD, UVA and VT.

Play everyone in your pod twice, everyone else once = 18 conference games. Perfect.

Football's another story though. Not sure how the 8s would shake out.

In a 2 8 team division - 7 games plus 2 in other division leaving 3 OCC games then champs play from each division

In a 4 4 pod system - 3 games plus 6 in other three pods (2 each) leaving 3 OCC games then 2 best teams play in champ game

Not sure which I like better