Updated Bracket Matrix (After Wednesday Game) | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bracket Matrix (After Wednesday Game)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Thought it would be of some interest to see where we were after yesterday

There are 71 new brackets today (it would not make sense to look at those posted yesterday as those would not incorporate the Miami game)

(out of 71)
Michigan St 70
Wake Forest 70
Providence 69
Xavier 69
USC 68
Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34
Rhode Island 34
---- IN/OUT ------
Kansas St 30
Illinois St 29 (DONE)
Iowa 14
Illinois 9 (LOST TODAY)
Cal 3
Georgia 3

Just gives you an idea who to closely track.
I also track Indiana, TCU vs Kansas, MTSU, AAC (Go SMU & Cincy), A-10 (Go VCU and Daytpm_

I think we are still in, but if anybody makes a move we could be caught. But teams are falling.

There are 71 new brackets today (it would not make sense to look at those posted yesterday as those would not incorporate the Miami game)

(out of 71)
Michigan St 70
Wake Forest 70
Providence 69
Xavier 69
USC 68
Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34
Rhode Island 34
---- IN/OUT ------
Kansas St 30
Illinois St 29 (DONE)
Iowa 14
Illinois 9 (LOST TODAY)
Cal 3
Georgia 3

I also track Indiana, TCU vs Kansas, MTSU, AAC (Go SMU & Cincy), A-10 (Go VCU and Daytpm_

I think we are still in, but if anybody makes a move we could be caught. But teams are falling.

Dude, you are the man. Thanks for keeping us up to date on this stuff.

(out of 71)
Michigan St 70
Wake Forest 70
Providence 69
Xavier 69
USC 68
Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34
Rhode Island 34
---- IN/OUT ------
Kansas St 30
Illinois St 29 (DONE)
Iowa 14
Illinois 9 (LOST TODAY)
Cal 3
Georgia 3

Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34
Is insane if you look at the resumes.

Vandy plays in an inferior league.
Their resume is basically beating Iowa State at home, beating Florida x2, and South Carolina at home,

They are 17-14.

No team with 15 losses has gotten an at-large and Vandy has double the brackets as us.

I don't get it sometimes.

The SEC sucks compared to the ACC they lost almost all of their big OOC games except Iowa State.

Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34

Their resume is basically beating Iowa State at home, beating Florida x2, and South Carolina at home,

They are 17-14.

No team with 15 losses has gotten an at-large and Vandy has double the brackets as us.

The SEC sucks compared to the ACC they lost almost all of their big OOC games except Iowa State.

I say the same about Wake. I think they are an NCAA team for sure, but beyond them having several more road wins than us (I think they have 5, 1 being a nice one at VT) our resume crushes theirs. H2H win included. 70 brackets to 34 there seems a bit extreme too

I have beef with Wake Forrest. Yes they have 7 road wins to our 2.
Cuse beats them head to head.
Cuse has six top 50 wins.
Wake had two top 50 wins
Cuse had a 10-8 conference record.
Wake had a 9-9 conference record.

what am I missing?

Basically if K State beats Baylor, that's really bad news for us.

Vandy and Wake have no business being ahead of us... But once Vandy gets knocked out of its conference tourney and picks up that 15th loss, I'm sure they'll drop in some brackets.

Wake had two top 50 wins

what am I missing?

We are getting penalized for bad losses that they don't have.

Wake had two top 50 wins

what am I missing?
Wake won @ Greensboro. That's why JB brought that city up yesterday.

Vandy and Wake have no business being ahead of us... But once Vandy gets knocked out of its conference tourney and picks up that 15th loss, I'm sure they'll drop in some brackets.
It's too bad Vandy gets to play their tourney in their city. Hopefully, they either get upset by A&M today, or Florida gets their revenge tomorrow.

Vanderbilt 65
Syracuse 34

They are 17-14.

Vandy arguably has the small lead in quality of wins. They also won at Arkansas (a top 50 road win) which is also of good value. That's 5 quality wins, 2 of them on the road. 2 wins over Florida is better than our 2 best wins since one was on the road. Whether you like them or not as a 3 seed, they are a 3 seed and that is how the wins are valued. Is Virginia, Wake, Miami really different than Iowa St, South Carolina, and at Arkansas? So then it's Monmouth which mean crap nothing when comparing teams head to head.

We got a good unbalanced ACC schedule and they got the hardest SEC schedule possible ... there are 3 good SEC teams and they played them all twice. So comparing a generic ACC schedule to a generic SEC schedule doesn't really apply. The conference schedule while still harder for Syracuse, was closer than expected/

It's a very close comparison that I am not conceding to either side. It would be nice if they lost tongiht,

Last edited:
I think part of it is the we got a good unbalanced ACC schedule and they got the hardest SEC schedule possible ... there are 3 good SEC teams and they played them all twice. So comparing a generic ACC schedule to a generic SEC schedule doesn't really apply. The conference schedule while still harder for Syracuse, was closer not that much better than Vandy numerically when you factor that in.
They played Florida and Kentucky home/home.
They did not play South Carolina home/home.
They did play Texas A&M and Arkansas home/home.

The SEC only has 3 locks. Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina.
Arkansas is a lean in.

The conference has 4/14 NCAA tournament teams these 4 made up 7 of the 18 SEC games they played.

Syracuse played 10 of 18 games against NCAA tournament teams.

There hard SEC schedule still doesn't stack up to our conference schedule.
Plus they lost a lot of non conference games just like us.

2 kent
2 fl
2 sc

and then?

we got
2 UL
duke/fsu/virg/unc/nd/

vt/miami/wake

then perhaps there next toughest game is Arkansas/ which us about equal to GT right now in reality

Wake had two top 50 wins

what am I missing?

Nobody cares about head to head this time of year for tourney spots and 7 vs 2 on the road is huge. 2 is really pathetic.

They played Florida and Kentucky home/home.
They did not play South Carolina home/home.
They did play Texas A&M and Arkansas home/home.

The SEC only has 3 locks. Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina.
Arkansas is a lean in.

The conference has 4/14 NCAA tournament teams these 4 made up 7 of the 18 SEC games they played.

Syracuse played 10 of 18 games against NCAA tournament teams.

There hard SEC schedule still doesn't stack up to our conference schedule.
Plus they lost a lot of non conference games just like us.

I'm not disputing that our schedule was not harder. I'm just saying it's a little closer than a typica

I think Arkansas is a clear lock. 4-6 top 50 (lacking elite wins) puts you in the conversation. 10-6 vs top 100 puts them over. And as long as RPI around a P5 team with an RPI of 27 will be fine.

I think it's a pure toss up between Syracuse and Vandy... which is still good for us.

2 kent
2 fl
2 sc

and then?

we got
2 UL
duke/fsu/virg/unc/nd/

vt/miami/wake

then perhaps there next toughest game is Arkansas/ which us about equal to GT right now in reality

Just to be clear - I never said our schedule is not harder. Just said that Vandy has an SEC schedule that is harder than normal. 10 vs 7 is a clear difference... but usually with ACC vs SEC you would expect about 11 vs 5.

If it makes anybody feel better I still have these 5 teams in a jumble (in no particular order)

Wake
Vandy
Syracuse
USC
Xavier
1 More Spot in
---------

Our fate is largely dictated where we are in that group. Top of the group nothing matters this weekend -- it would have to be chaotic. Bottom of that list -- we are shaking.

We can all pick and choose what works best for us to put us ahead of everybody else. But it can work both ways

Who do we want in Iowa-Indiana?

Have a hard time deciding. Indiana is a bigger threat to win the whole tournament but Iowa could move up the bubble.

Nobody cares about head to head this time of year for tourney spots and 7 vs 2 on the road is huge. 2 is really pathetic.

Are you actively rooting for us miss the tournament? It sure comes off that way. Come to think of it I don't remember you ever posting on the bball board until we struggled earlier this year. Strange poster you are.

If all three of these late games go our way and Iowa, Vandy, and Xavier all fall, I will feel much better about our chances. Then tomorrow we just have to root against Rhode Island.

If all three of these late games go our way and Iowa, Vandy, and Xavier all fall, I will feel much better about our chances. Then tomorrow we just have to root against Rhode Island.
and for Middle Tenn

Are you actively rooting for us miss the tournament? It sure comes off that way. Come to think of it I don't remember you ever posting on the bball board until we struggled earlier this year. Strange poster you are.

I looove cuse, i live in albany and think about my good times(faegans,chucks) and great friends i have made in ghe cuse , often. That said, i dont wear the orange colored hoops glasses. JB is hard to embrace and love. I want them to do well all the way, but just don't see ot with this team.

I looove cuse, i live in albany and think about my good times(faegans,chucks) and great friends i have made in ghe cuse , often. That said, i dont wear the orange colored hoops glasses. JB is hard to embrace and love. I want them to do well all the way, but just don't see ot with this team.

I don't know man. You might like the bars, the city, but it sounds like you want JB to crash and burn for some reason. I think a majorities of this board is very intelligent about our prospects so not sure where the orange colored glasses is coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom