Updated Bracket Matrix (After Wednesday Game) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bracket Matrix (After Wednesday Game)

I don't know man. You might like the bars, the city, but it sounds like you want JB to crash and burn for some reason. I think a majorities of this board is very intelligent about our prospects so not sure where the orange colored glasses is coming from.

The majority of the board is very intelligent and i respect all. Thing is, there is a big part of the board ignoring just how bipolar we were home/away.

The majority of the board is very intelligent and i respect all. Thing is, there is a big part of the board ignoring just how bipolar we were home/away.

Nobody is ignoring it, but even the good teams in our league have at most 3-5 road wins. Michigan State has 2 and you love them. If you're going to use an argument for Syracuse it has to be applied evenly and not looking at us in a silo. I don't understand how a road win over wofford(Miami) should be worth more than a home win over FSU, but that's just me.

In the future we should play Cornell and Colgate on the road so we can pad our road win totals. Might as well have these two RPI killers serve some useful function.
Syracuse probably makes between 500k-1 million for these home games.
They aren't playing these teams on the road. Our schedule was fine we lost to Gtown, SC, SJU, UConn those are the games we have to win.

They aren't playing these teams on the road. Our schedule was fine we lost to Gtown, SC, SJU, UConn those are the games we have to win.
He wasn't serious.

Yep. I was being sarcastic.

I still think Cal would have to beat Oregon to jump over us.
Cal needs to win the tourney. They currently have 1 win over a possible tourney team and that team is barely in (USC). They shouldn't even be an at-large consideration.

If it makes anybody feel better I still have these 5 teams in a jumble (in no particular order)

Wake
Vandy
Syracuse
USC
Xavier
1 More Spot in
---------

Our fate is largely dictated where we are in that group. Top of the group nothing matters this weekend -- it would have to be chaotic. Bottom of that list -- we are shaking.

We can all pick and choose what works best for us to put us ahead of everybody else. But it can work both ways

i have a similar group of teams but id also add providence to the list with another group fighting for the last at large spot:
Kansas State
Rhode Island
Cal
Indiana
MTSU(at large)
Georgia
Tcu

Some of these teams also happen to help themselves by playing weak teams in their conference. Miami was definitely much tougher than some of these other teams other bubble teams have played (Xavier game an exception here)

Some of these teams also happen to help themselves by playing weak teams in their conference. Miami was definitely much tougher than some of these other teams other bubble teams have played (Xavier game an exception here)

They do, but I don't think beating a Texas AM is a massive difference maker for example. It might be in our mind (including myself) where we fall guilty of the "just one more win" mentality which is just natural to have. But when you are looking at overall resumes it tend to not make the difference. I still think we are in the same group with Vandy--- unless of course they beat Florida. Now that is a difference maker.

Xavier got a differene maker tonight. I don't think beating Depaul would have made any difference,

Agreed. Many are pointing to the schedule (or Wake choosing to play road games), but neither are the killers here. What killed us was going 8-5 against a subpar schedule.

It has been mentioned that if it comes down to Cuse or a Mid-Major, we will bring in more money for the play-in game. That and the uncertainty with JB could potentially give us a little shove.

Agreed. Many are pointing to the schedule (or Wake choosing to play road games), but neither are the killers here. What killed us was going 8-5 against a subpar schedule.

Honestly, imo the biggest game was losing at BC. Yeah we still had awful losses but that gives another road win (yes, it still counts), and an 11-7 ACC record. That is the biggest game imo. It also would have meant we didn't play miami in the ACCT second round.

It has been mentioned that if it comes down to Cuse or a Mid-Major, we will bring in more money for the play-in game. That and the uncertainty with JB could potentially give us a little shove.

Possibly. But the last time any of the 4 "Big Blues" were legitimately close to the bubble was Kentucky (in the Robert Morris year). And they were not given a pass.

The committee (or the metrics) are P5 biased, but I haven't ever really noticed bias within P5 in terms of last teams getting in. In terms of seeding,and matchups, yes Duke always seems to get a good deal.

Honestly, imo the biggest game was losing at BC. Yeah we still had awful losses but that gives another road win (yes, it still counts), and an 11-7 ACC record. That is the biggest game imo. It also would have meant we didn't play miami in the ACCT second round.
If we had won the BC game, we'd have been the 5 seed and a lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom