Updated ESPN Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Updated ESPN Bracketology

Ok, that is more like it. I like that bracket. Michigan St. would surely be tough, but in the Sweet 16, I would take it. And I would love to face Duke in the Elite 8.

In a heartbeat. And I don't think Duke makes it to the Elite 8 in this bracket.

Although, once upon a time, I cried like a baby due to Vermont...

My homerism is about to show, but I believe that SU earns a number one seed, hopefully in the east. One of either Duke or Miami will falter enough to give up a number one seed. It may be as simple as Duke and Syracuse flip flopping the number one and two seeds in the east.

My homerism is about to show, but I believe that SU earns a number one seed, hopefully in the east. One of either Duke or Miami will falter enough to give up a number one seed. It may be as simple as Duke and Syracuse flip flopping the number one and two seeds in the east.

I dont see Miami faltering. It would have to be Duke.

I dont see Miami faltering. It would have to be Duke.
That is what I am thinking (hoping). But, if Duke does falter, does Miami then move to the East bracket? I would prefer to be in the same bracket as Duke.

That is what I am thinking (hoping). But, if Duke does falter, does Miami then move to the East bracket? I would prefer to be in the same bracket as Duke.

It all depends on if both Michigan and Indiana get #1 seeds. If one of them does not then Miami can get the South #1 seed spot.

No way would they ship Duke out to LA. They'll stay in the East.

It all depends on if both Michigan and Indiana get #1 seeds. If one of them does not then Miami can get the South #1 seed spot.
Gotcha. There is alot of basketball yet to be played. Perhaps the strength of the B1G makes it more likely that one of Indiana or Michigan loses enough games to drop to a number two seed, rather than a weak ACC field being able to knock off either Miami or Duke. Should be a fun few weeks with lots of games for us to ponder how each outcome will benefit SU.

Gotcha. There is alot of basketball yet to be played. Perhaps the strength of the B1G makes it more likely that one of Indiana or Michigan loses enough games to drop to a number two seed, rather than a weak ACC field being able to knock off either Miami or Duke. Should be a fun few weeks with lots of games for us to ponder how each outcome will benefit SU.

Bottom line is we just need to keep winning games. That is why we were a #1 seed in 2010 and 2012. You can deny a team that goes 28-3 or 30-1 a #1 seed. They were wrapped up the seed prior to playing in the BET.

If we somehow were lucky enough win out and finish 28-3 we would wrap up a #1 seed again prior going to NY.

How much better is the ACC going to be with SU, Louisville, Pitt and ND? Right now, they are projected to have 5 teams in the tournament, very strong at the top with two number ones, but then a seven and two eleven seeds.

Bottom line is we just need to keep winning games. That is why we were a #1 seed in 2010 and 2012. You can deny a team that goes 28-3 or 30-1 a #1 seed. They were wrapped up the seed prior to playing in the BET.

If we somehow were lucky enough win out and finish 28-3 we would wrap up a #1 seed again prior going to NY.
Ok, then lets do that. If these guys take one game at a time and stick with their roles and play tough defense, it could very easily happen.

Not a bad draw, but honestly I have had enough of Vermont to last me a lifetime.

Duke-Miami could face 3 times. Win 2 and its a +++ for resume. An advantae tat Syracuse does not receive.

Villanova as "First four out"?

Am I missing something?

15-9 with an RPI of 63. They're an MCW free throw from not even being in the stratosphere of NCAA talk.

Villanova as "First four out"?

Am I missing something?

Slim pickins - trend for past 3 years or so -- in part to relative decline of power 6 vs mid majors. Compare Nova to next 4 and you can see reason Nova is still in play.

Year to date projected

http://www.rpiforecast.com/ct/index.html

Nova - 18-14, RPI 66, 3-4 vs top 25, 4-8 vs top 50
Cal - 19-13, RPI 70, 1-2 vs top 25, 3-7 vs top 50
Boise St - 18-12, RPI 63. 1-6 vs top 25, 3-8 vs top 50
Maryland = 21-12, RPI 83, 1-2 vs top 25, 2-6 vs top 50
BYU - 21-12, RPI 63, -0-3 vs top 25, 0-6 vs top 50

It would be nice if committee finally opened doors to teams like Steve Austin, Bucknell, Sout Dakota St, or Akron if it does not win its conference tourney instead of crap like above.

Just keep NC St. far away from SU. I don't care what people say about them. If Gottfried gets his head out of his a$$, he has a final four team. They have so much potential.

If we get that bracket, I'll be in heaven. I'd put us as the odds on favorites to win that bracket.

It would be nice if committee finally opened doors to teams like Steve Austin, Bucknell, Sout Dakota St, or Akron if it does not win its conference tourney instead of crap like above.

I would love it if Stone Cold made the tourney!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom