Upsurge in season ticket holders? | Syracusefan.com

Upsurge in season ticket holders?

cto

Administrator
Do you think the 2013-14 schedule will result in a big increase in season ticket sales?

The schedule is so attractive, I would think folks would want guaranteed decent tix for many of these games. It sure beats DePaul, SHU and South Florida.

Anyone here who is not a season ticket holder ... are you thinking of getting season tickets?

Do you think the 2013-14 schedule will result in a big increase in season ticket sales?

The schedule is so attractive, I would think folks would want guaranteed decent tix for many of these games. It sure beats DePaul, SHU and South Florida.

Anyone here who is not a season ticket holder ... are you thinking of getting season tickets?
Yes, and I live 350 miles from Syracuse.

I am so excited about next season! Wow, maybe we could have great games like that every single year! This is truly a way to generate enthusiasm. And please please please, can we have Senior Day on a week-end (#1) and then maybe play a real team (#2, sorry, DePaul)??

And by Senior Day on a week-end, I mean recognize it in grand style and people will come to say good-bye to our wonderful seniors. We might play our Last Game on a week night, but it would not be Senior Day.

Oops, sorry if I co-opted this thread in my excitement! Now, back to our regular programming.

I'm definitely considering it, but is there any chance the price is going to take a significant jump this year with the quality of the schedule and the newness of the opponents??

I think a lot of us feel that this is an important time to show support for the school, the athletic programs, and for all of the people involved. It just feels like a crucial time for fans to show up at the dome and on the road. I've lived out of the area for many years and haven't been a season ticket holder in any sport. Between raising kids, working too many days/wk at various jobs & businesses, and tending to lots of logistical family issues, it's been hard to travel back and haven't really considered season tickets until now. However, my kids are grown, I'm no longer married, and recently moved my mom into a nursing home, so it seems a good time for me to become more active as a fan.

I chose to start with a football season ticket over basketball though I follow both fairly equally. My reasons: the football program needs fans in the seats more than basketball right now, there are fewer games to commit to, I want to tailgate with Syracusefan.com folks, and I don't like driving through snow as much as I did when younger. I live in ACC country and want to get to road games as well, so it's all pretty daunting. I'd love to get to the dome for the superb schedule ahead in basketball, but think I won't get to Syracuse much in the winter.

That was the long answer. The short answer is yes, I think many of us want to do what we can to support the programs at this critical time.

I'm definitely considering it, but is there any chance the price is going to take a significant jump this year with the quality of the schedule and the newness of the opponents??
Prices have already been set. Theres an increase like every year, but I paid for mine in full in Feb.

got the wifes ok do purchase a season ticks first ive had them since sr yr on the hill psyched! - i think the answer is yes cto- economy arguably better- the new of the acc and of course the big names coming in- hopefully its more younger alumni too.. need rowdy season ticket holders

on a side note i will always have one available for weeknight games or most at least as i can only make the six hour drive for weekend games

That leave their cellphones at home and don't sit and text throughout games...;)

haha that didnt come out right.. just been bugging my fellow grads who used to be die hards to get themselves to the dome more often as they are much closer than i am :)

Doubtful with no rutgirls on the schedule.

Sent using my Commodore 64

haha that didnt come out right.. just been bugging my fellow grads who used to be die hards to get themselves to the dome more often as they are much closer than i am :)

Hope you're successful recruiting your fellow grads and making the place a rowdy, crazy place.

Hope you're successful recruiting your fellow grads and making the place a rowdy, crazy place.

haha the whole 12 i might be able to roundup might help.. hopefully lots more can too with the new slate ...last year seemed there were a lot of uninterested crowds

they'll probably have some sort of partial plan where you choose a premium game and get stuck with some other ones. Last year I got one that had Georgetown, St. John's, Providence, Detroit, Princeton, and Central Ct. St.

That leave their cellphones at home and don't sit and text throughout games...;)

Man, that cellphone thing is rough. I never look at my cellphone during a Dome game, but I have to admit that at the BET and FF, I had so many people texting me, wishing my team well, commenting on the game, that I had to develop a system where I only looked and responded during TO's or I would never see the game. It was fun and somewhat addicting! People really want to be connected during experiences like that. We all need to work on our mental telepathy - fast!

the way people always bitched about the schedule and refused to show in their own little 'strike', i would hope season ticket sales increast by at least 7500.

i also hope the school charges AT LEAST $5 a game more per ticket as well.

put another 1.5million or so in the bank.

God Bless America and Capitalism!!

Oh Lord

I am so excited about next season! Wow, maybe we could have great games like that every single year! This is truly a way to generate enthusiasm. And please please please, can we have Senior Day on a week-end (#1) and then maybe play a real team (#2, sorry, DePaul)??

And by Senior Day on a week-end, I mean recognize it in grand style and people will come to say good-bye to our wonderful seniors. We might play our Last Game on a week night, but it would not be Senior Day.

Oops, sorry if I co-opted this thread in my excitement! Now, back to our regular programming.

I like the idea of Senior Day against a bad opponent, since we usually get a spike in attendance for a team that otherwise wouldn't draw well. What we all didn't like was the absurd move of scheduling it at 6:00 p.m. on a weekday. It'd be best if they don't do that again.

Don't think we'll see much of a bump in seasons (though the athletic department does, and that'd be nice). We seem to have settled into a natural level. Wouldn't be surprised to see overall attendance go up by a few hundred this season. But out of 19 or 20 home dates, three or four games against new and highly-ranked opponents aren't going to move the dial much.

Yeah, that's my understanding. ~$50 per seat is what I have heard; haven't renewed yet.