Urgent: Orange Bowl Changes that are good for ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Urgent: Orange Bowl Changes that are good for ACC

Follow yes, really focus on, no. Most people make New Years Eve plans which don't include huddled around a TV watching a football game. Is it a killer? No. But it sure isn't optimum. New years day is far far better. But I think the OB will be New Years day anyways. If they move it to New Years eve night, that's a dumb decision.

Honestly, does it really matter?

SU fans will watch no matter what. No one else really cares all that much.

Honestly, does it really matter?

SU fans will watch no matter what. No one else really cares all that much.

Yes it does matter since ratings matter. And maybe it's just me, but I am selfish and I want both. Watch SU intently and celebrate NYE. But not at the same time.

Yes it does matter since ratings matter. And maybe it's just me, but I am selfish and I want both. Watch SU intently and celebrate NYE. But not at the same time.

The ball dropping at midnight matters that much still? Maybe it's just me (probably is) but those NYE shows are horrible, and not like anyone is allowed to tie one on in Times Square anymore. If there's a party a game is on somewhere.

Sugar Bowl is going to be on Jan 1st...each contract bowl is supposedly have an exclusive insofar as timing. If Orange Bowl is in prime time it is New Years Eve!

Yeah, I know about ratings. ;)

But like I said, we signed a 12 year deal. Selfishly we want people watching if SU is in the game to see how awesome we are. But aside from that, it's not that big of a deal.

Sugar Bowl is going to be on Jan 1st...each contract bowl is supposedly have an exclusive insofar as timing. If Orange Bowl is in prime time it is New Years Eve!

2nd tier then. I still think they get the 1pm slot on new years day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The ball dropping at midnight matters that much still? Maybe it's just me (probably is) but those NYE shows are horrible, and not like anyone is allowed to tie one on in Times Square anymore. If there's a party a game is on somewhere.

Who said anything about the tv shows? They suck.

People will watch this game.. People have house parties.. Game will Atleast be on.. People do the hotel thing the game will be on at the bar...

Yeah, I know about ratings. ;)

But like I said, we signed a 12 year deal. Selfishly we want people watching if SU is in the game to see how awesome we are. But aside from that, it's not that big of a deal.

But it is fact that NYD is better than NYE both as an SU fan and drawing non SU fans to watch. Don't get the difficulty with that.

I more concerned about the SU-BC game being played every year the day after Thanksgiving. That really blows, at least for me. Never be able to make that game in person.

Who said anything about the tv shows? They suck.

Sorry, forgot you're a part of the tuxedo and white wine crowd. ;)

But it is fact that NYD is better than NYE both as an SU fan and drawing non SU fans to watch. Don't get the difficulty with that.

No difficulty, just saying that if the game ends up on NYE it's not the end of the world either.

Look, this is a problem we should welcome with open-freakin-arms. SU in the Orange Bowl. Fancy that!

No difficulty, just saying that if the game ends up on NYE it's not the end of the world either.

Look, this is a problem we should welcome with open-freakin-arms. SU in the Orange Bowl. Fancy that!

Not sure I said it was the emd of the world. In fact all I said intially was 12/31 is not a good day. Pretty harmless.