US Olympic team chosen... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

US Olympic team chosen...

Nobody suggested Chandler shouldn't be on it. I mentioned that his selection as the sole center on the roster has the potential to be a Hersey Hawkins 1988 situation, should Chandler go down for some reason. While Davis may not be a true "5", he's a lot closer than the others. The Olympics will likely boil down to how we stack up against the Gasols and Ibaka.

Love is the best 4 in the NBA. He will be a great big for us. And, the most important part, is his outlet pass.

This team is built to run. They are going to push the ball and beat teams in the second half when they are still flying around.

Spain might be big, but outside of Ibaka, the Gasols aren't going to be able to keep up.

Davis is a skinny 4 that has no polish on his offensive game or playing as a big on this level, plus he is hurt. No reason for him. Tyson / Love / Griffin are fine for center position.

Heck, LeBron could defend the five if needed.

Davis is a skinny 4 that has no polish on his offensive game or playing as a big on this level, plus he is hurt. No reason for him. Tyson / Love / Griffin are fine for center position.

You are probably right, but if he was healthy, I would've loved to see him play in the Olympics.

Coach K said on his radio show that he intends to use Lebron on the other teams best offensive player most of the time. He said Lebron is the best player in the world, no matter what position he is playing. High praise.

You are probably right, but if he was healthy, I would've loved to see him play in the Olympics.

IMO, this isn't the platform to give him a trial run.

The 2014 Worlds will be there if he is good enough.

And people only would have loved him if he lived up to the hype. Seeing the Gasol brothers light him up like the 4th of July wouldn't be so much fun.

The best part of the Olympics is going to be seeing all universe LeBron do everything.

Coach K said on his radio show that he intends to use Lebron on the other teams best offensive player most of the time. He said Lebron is the best player in the world, no matter what position he is playing. High praise.

Pretty smart coach.

I'm really high on Davis; think he would've at least been solid. But it's not like he had to play a lot of minutes against Spain anyway.

Pretty smart coach.

I'm really high on Davis; think he would've at least been solid. But it's not like he had to play a lot of minutes against Spain anyway.
I like Davis too but he has limitations. I see him more as Kevin Durant without the jump shot or ability to drive, better defender. still good but maybe not the superstar some are making him out to be. He's not nearly as good as Durant was coming out of college. In a couple years I may feel differently but Davis was certainly helped by the greatness of the players around him.

Durant is a strange comp for him; I'm guessing you mean in body size? He's obviously never going to score like Durant.

I think Davis helped out the players around him a lot more than they helped him out.

I would have taken Gordon over Harden. I also think having four starters in the Olympics is going to affect OKC during the season (although many teams will have multiple players playing). I also like the idea of Bron playing some center ala Magic Johnson in 1980 Finals.

Soooo...not like Kevin Durant at all?

He's a rich man's Marcus Camby, imo.

I think Camby is his max, but I think Camby is the best comparison. Natural defensive ability, great use of his length, needs to work on his offensive game (but has the potential there).

I think he'll never be a 20 / 14 guy, but I do think he can be a 15 / 14 guy with a bunch of blocks. I don't like that NO didn't take a true PG. Having Gordon is great, but pairing him with Rivers makes me nervous. I also hope the Ryan Anderson addition doesn't bite them in the butt. He hasn't done anything not playing with D12.

I think Davis has more upside than Camby. (I'm pretty sure we have had this conversation before). I think he has much more offensive upside.

Anderson really hasn't had much of a chance to do anything without Dwight, in his defense. He can definitely make some 3's. He's making less money than Jeff Green, so when I think about it that way...

I think Davis has more upside than Camby. (I'm pretty sure we have had this conversation before). I think he has much more offensive upside.

Anderson really hasn't had much of a chance to do anything without Dwight, in his defense. He can definitely make some 3's. He's making less money than Jeff Green, so when I think about it that way...

Fair point. I just think a LOT is going to be expected of Davis and they haven't put the best team around him. Anderson and Gordon can definitely space the floor, but with no true PG, I think he is going to have too much decision-making on his hands.

Is Jarrett Jack their PG?

Am I the only one who think the sickest part of that video is Kyrie Irving's handle...nastyyyyy.