US open Tennis 2022 (non Serena thread) | Syracusefan.com

US open Tennis 2022 (non Serena thread)

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Larry David , Keanu Reeves , and Dan Lebetard cheering Collins on ? Who says no?

Attachments

• 44D89264-1DFC-49EC-B35F-E6C6CCA2DF4B.jpeg
    44D89264-1DFC-49EC-B35F-E6C6CCA2DF4B.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 57
Heading there tomorrow for the day session. Looking forward to seeing Coco and the Garcia-Riske match on the women’s side. For the men, Berretini-Davidovich Fokina has promise as does Carreño Busta vs Khachanov.

Could this be the tourney where Kyrgios wins his 1st slam? He’s handled medvedev every time he’s faced him

Last edited:
Could this be the tourney where Kyrgios wins his 1st slam? He’s handled medvedev every time he’s faced him
Looks like it’s his tourney to lose

Tiafoe looked great taking out Nadal today.. And collins winning would put 3 us women into the quarters

Looking at a brand new major champ on the men’s side if Cilic loses tonight. Doesn’t happen too often. Exciting stuff.

Looking at a brand new major champ on the men’s side if Cilic loses tonight. Doesn’t happen too often. Exciting stuff.
I’m cool with any of Kyrgios, alcaraz , or Tiafo taking it down. I have no issues with the other guys .. but I’d prefer one of these 3

I’m cool with any of Kyrgios, alcaraz , or Tiafo taking it down. I have no issues with the other guys .. but I’d prefer one of these 3
Alcaraz and Kyrgios are probably the favorites. Ruud is a sneaky good player who can take the title. Tiafoe is playing out of his mind. Cheering for him but he probably comes up short. Sinner is another dark horse. Guy doesn’t get rattled easily. Berrettini is exciting but not sure he has enough to win it. The two Russians(or non-Russians as they aren’t allowed to play for their country) are solid. Rublev has a shot. Don’t think Khachanov does though.

Boy was I wrong on Khachanov. He looked incredible taking out Kyrgios. Ruud staying strong as well. Should be a good semifinal. Rooting for Tiafoe today as the lone American left in the draw.

On the women’s side, Caroline Garcia looks damn good. Her against Jabeur should be a great semi.

wow the us woman really struggled to get to the semi's . Collins played well enough and had chances. Coco played awful and Pegula did pretty well when she wasnt serving.. That last set she broke 3 times and 3 more times in the tie-breaker and still lost.

Tiafoe gave Alcaraz all he could handle but came up short. Alcaraz vs Ruud for the title. Winner also becomes the new number 1 player in the world. Alcaraz is giving off Nadal vibes. Only 19 years old and looks poised to win multiple slams. Not saying he is going to have the career of Nadal but is coming into his own at the same age Rafa did.

Tiafoe gave Alcaraz all he could handle but came up short. Alcaraz vs Ruud for the title. Winner also becomes the new number 1 player in the world. Alcaraz is giving off Nadal vibes. Only 19 years old and looks poised to win multiple slams. Not saying he is going to have the career of Nadal but is coming into his own at the same age Rafa did.
3 five set matches in a row ?
Ruud been in a final and 1st for Alcaraz?
These are huuuge advantages for Ruud
But
Alcaraz is just better

ALcaraz hit some really nice shots in that match.. Tiafoe just missed too many pretty easy shots and his serve for the first time was not very solid..

3 five set matches in a row ?
Ruud been in a final and 1st for Alcaraz?
These are huuuge advantages for Ruud
But
Alcaraz is just better
No GOATS (Nadal, Joker) in the way so the youngsters need to start winning these Slams….
Rudd has had a nice season (on different surfaces) - wouldn’t count him out.
But, I think this might (finally) represent Alcaraz’s “breakthrough.” Kid reminds me of a young Sampras….
Maybe the future of men’s tennis has finally arrived….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom